Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where can download older firmware version (e.g. 1.04)?

Posted by Queenayayi 
Where can download older firmware version (e.g. 1.04)?
February 06, 2016 10:43PM
Hi everyone,

I bought a Ormerod 2 (528.3) with Duet 0.6 last December (2015) and the extruder motor never really worked.

It only turned slightly at the beginning during the commissioning/calibration steps and then nothing happened until I restarted the whole machine. And then again, it only turned for less than a second.

I have connected the extruder motor to X motor pins on the PCBA and it ran normally. I also have swapped cables and there's nothing wrong with any motor or cable I could find.

After contacting the support, I got replacement Duet but the extruder motor behaves exactly the same unless I connected to other motor pins on PCB. If I connect other motors (X,Y or Z to extruder motor pins on the PCBA, then they do the same weird thing......)

Therefore, I contacted RS this time because RepRapPro has shut down the operation and I can only get response from RS.

Fortunately, RS responded quickly and sent me another Duet 0.6. However, the problem doesn't go away >_____<

I think the chance of getting 3 faulty PCBA in a row is low and want to try if it works with older firmware versions.

Can anyone point out where I can download the older firmware version such as 1.04?

Any other suggestion is highly appreciated! It's really frustrating that after 3 months I still cannot get the machine up and running.

Queena
Re: Where can download older firmware version (e.g. 1.04)?
February 07, 2016 07:39AM
You can get older firmware versions from RepRapPro's github repository. Use the History button. However, I think your best bet is to upgrade to either my 1.09r release or chrishamm's latest release, then ask for help in the Ormerod forum. You can find my 1.09r release at [github.com] - follow the link to the version you want and then click Raw to download.

Most problems with failure to extrude are caused by having no tool selected, or the head cold and cold extrusion prevention disabled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 07:40AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 07, 2016 06:13PM
Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply.
I have tried 1.09r but encountered exactly the same symptom and I did use the command "T0" then "M302 P1" before activating the extruder motor every time.

Can it be the heater sensor issue?
I got error message "Temperature fault on heater 1, sensor circuit is open/disconnected, T = -273.1"
I checked the wiring and found the blue wire (blue & green for the hot end sensor) itself is open.

Not sure if this is under warranty to get the wiring loom (#586 Motor wiring loom – 1100mm) replaced. If not, any suggestion where I can buy this spare part?
Alternatively, I can also just take it off from the loom and use a separate 22~28AWG cable to connect the thermistor end to the PCBA.

Is it just me having bad luck running into all these random issues? T_T

Cheers,
Queena
February 07, 2016 07:50PM
Hi there,

So I replaced the cable and EVERYTHING works now!!! Hooray!!thumbs up
Thanks a lot for your help!!hot smiley

Queena
February 08, 2016 02:54AM
I'm glad you got it working. Occasionally you can get a bad crimp connection at one end of those cables.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 08, 2016 02:25PM
I'd ask for one of those extra Duet's you now have, but I just ordered one last week.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login