Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to increase the Z-probe speed on my Duet-powered CoreXY?

Posted by David J 
How to increase the Z-probe speed on my Duet-powered CoreXY?
January 29, 2016 07:34AM
My Duet v0.6 is powering my CoreXY printer very well, and I have little to complain about. However, there's just one annoyance that I'd like to sort out.

X and Y will home at a reasonable speed, but homing Z is very slow: Moving the Z axis up and down with direct G0/G1 commands is acceptably quick, but when I send a G30 homing command the bed comes up painfully slowly, and slows down even more as it comes within range of the IR probe. I have looked through the list of G codes in the RepRap wiki, but I just cant find the parameter that sets the homing speed for Z.

I have attached my config.g and homex.g files for reference - any guidance would be appreciated!

TIA,
David
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2.5 KB)
open | download - homez.g (338 bytes)
Re: How to increase the Z-probe speed on my Duet-powered CoreXY?
January 29, 2016 10:56AM
It's the F parameter in this line that you need to increase:

M558 P1 X0 Y0 Z1 H3 F200 T5000 ; Smart IR Z probe used for homing Z axis only, dive height 3mm, probe speed 200mm/min, travel speed 5000mm/min

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 29, 2016 11:15AM
Ahh - I thought that value was for the last few millimetres when the bed approaches the probe - which I have no problems with.

I'll give it a try when the current print has finished.

Many thanks!
January 29, 2016 05:58PM
David J
Ahh - I thought that value was for the last few millimetres when the bed approaches the probe - which I have no problems with.

I'll give it a try when the current print has finished.

Many thanks!

The speed when approaching target height is 1/3 of the normal probing speed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 30, 2016 10:16AM
dc42
The speed when approaching target height is 1/3 of the normal probing speed.

Oh - I hadn't appreciated that - either forgotten, or overlooked in the documentation. smiling smiley

Thanks again for your help - the bed is now rising at a sensible speed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login