Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Web Control File Upload Feedback

Posted by thetazzbot 
Duet Web Control File Upload Feedback
January 26, 2016 06:23PM
Ok I've been looking at both the firmware and the web control code and was wondering if the issue with throughput is attributed to XMLHTTPREQUEST.

Have you attempted this method?

[www.alfajango.com]

This basically uses a straight form post with a file field to submit the data to the server (the Duet firmware) rather than XMLHTTPREQUEST.

I might be able to test this theory, depending on how the firmware reacts to the data stream (not sure if it will like it, or if it can do the decoding)
Re: Duet Web Control File Upload Feedback
January 26, 2016 07:02PM
As I said in the other thread, in my tests the SD card was the bottleneck. Without the writing to SD card, data is uploaded to the Duet from Chrome at 3Mbytes/sec on my setup.

Questions on the web interface are best addressed to chrishamm, but I'm not sure whether he monitors this particular forum. However, I believe the upload does go as a straight POST - that's what it looks like in Wireshark anyway.

I have been assuming that you are using DuetWebControl 1.08 and either my 1.08r-dc42 firmware or chrishamm's latest firmware. Can you confirm both of those points?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 07:02PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Duet Web Control File Upload Feedback
January 26, 2016 07:14PM
Yes those are the versions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login