Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware for Sla

Posted by evon 
Firmware for Sla
January 25, 2016 11:37AM
Hello to all ,

I want to control a laser printer to an SLA with ramps and marlin, the laser does not have TTL for external signals but only an internal voltage stabilizer

I decided to connect the laser to solid state relay that is connected to enable the driver of the extruder and would change the following lines of marlin:

#define DEFAULT_STEPPER_DEACTIVE_TIME 0

#define DISABLE_E true

In this way, when not needed to print but only move quickly the laser should shut off to not generate layer.

What do you think ???

The delay in milliseconds are acceptable ?? !!

There are other methods for controlling laser Ramps for Sla, whereas in this way would change anything about slicing and gcode ?? !!

Thanks to all and sorry for my bad Spaghetti English !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2016 12:00PM by evon.
Re: Firmware for Sla
January 25, 2016 03:41PM
I don't know Marlin well enough to comment in your suggestion, but the M571 command implemented in RepRapFirmware would do what you want. See [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 25, 2016 05:34PM
Thanks for fast repy dc42 .

then I put this at the begin of gcode ?? !!

how to choose the output of the PWM ??

the arduino make this command in idle ??!!

Thanks
January 25, 2016 11:56PM
This "DEFAULT_STEPPER_DEACTIVE_TIME 0" will deactivate it somewhere in the code. There is some logic like

If (DEFAULT_STEPPER_DEACTIVE_TIME) {
... do something
}

But with yourmlaser in total i can't help. I read that Repetier has something implemented also for RAMPS and co.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
January 26, 2016 02:05AM
thanks for the answers ,
I know there is a solution to control this laser .

[www.youtube.com]

This user has modified sprinter firmware to get this control , but still do not know how ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 02:06AM by evon.
January 26, 2016 04:23AM
evon
Thanks for fast repy dc42 .

then I put this at the begin of gcode ?? !!

how to choose the output of the PWM ??

the arduino make this command in idle ??!!

Thanks

To use RepRapFirmware, you need either Duet or Arduino Due/RADDS electronics. The M571 command can go in the slicer start gcode. If your laser accepts a PWM input then you can choose the PWM value to get the power you require; otherwise just use S1.0. I don't know of anyone using this facility to control a SLA printer, but at least one person has used it to control a laser engraver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 04:24AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 26, 2016 04:53AM
Thanks for the informations .
Reprap also runs on Arduino Mega or do I have only duet ??

how can I choose which pins assign that command ( M571 ) , and what the default ??
January 26, 2016 01:28PM
RepRapFirmware is 32-bit firmware so it does not run on Arduino Mega. Currently the pin that it drives is the FAN 0 pin (normally used for a print cooling fan). Some time in the future I will change it to allow either of the cooling fan pins on the Duet 0.8.5 to be selected.

January 26, 2016 02:33PM
Thanks a lot dc42 , omg you are author of reprap firmware , i discover now that !!! smiling smiley

i fuond this on the remote part of internet : [www.instructables.com]

This is a sprinter modded for Sla printer , but i try to compile that with arduino ide but dosen't work , the error is : #include wprogram.h , i try with old version of arduino and the last version

this is the link of the firmware : [www.instructables.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 02:34PM by evon.
January 26, 2016 06:10PM
evon
This is a sprinter modded for Sla printer , but i try to compile that with arduino ide but dosen't work , the error is : #include wprogram.h , i try with old version of arduino and the last version

Start by replacing that include with #include "Arduino.h".

January 27, 2016 02:01PM
Ok , i replaced all wprogram with #include "Arduino.h" ,

but now the compile error is this :

In file included from sketch\SdFile.cpp:20:0:

SdFat.h:286: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void SdFile::write(uint8_t)'

void write(uint8_t b);

^

In file included from sketch\SdFat.h:29:0,

from sketch\SdFile.cpp:20:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:48:20: error: overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

virtual size_t write(uint8_t) = 0;

^

exit status 1
conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void SdFile::write(uint8_t)'

I should mention that I don't use absolutely sd if it is a problem

Thanks
January 29, 2016 05:35AM
ok ,

all run now with arduino 0023 version and board change .

thanks at all !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login