Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-Home and AutoLevel Questions

Posted by Brotherbrown831 
Z-Home and AutoLevel Questions
December 25, 2015 08:20PM
My Prusa I3 is working fine with a servo driven plunger Z-end stop opto switch. My but I have two annoying issues I would like to correct but I am unsure where to find these settings in marlin.

Issue #1 - When I enabled Auto Bed Leveling I added a G29 to my startup G-code, the printer runs the the ABS routine as soon as I launch the job through the SD card. and then the ABS routine runs again as soon as the bed gets up to temp. How do I start that first ABS routine from running so it only runs after the bed gets up to temp?

Issue #2 - The Z-homing process is soo slow ... First it takes a reading and then takes another reading even slower.. Can I limit it to just one reading at each stop, or can I adjust the decent speed of the Z axis?
Re: Z-Home and AutoLevel Questions
December 26, 2015 01:15AM
On #1, do you mean ABL? Like Auto Bed Leveling? What is ABS ? The first probe might be G28. And then G29 does do some more probes???

On #2, You can adjust the feed rate... But probably you want smaller Z_PROBE_RAISE before, between, after numbers....
December 26, 2015 07:16AM
HAHA, yes I meant ABL not ABS..

Here is my start G-code:
G28 ; home all axes
G29; ABL
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle

I am not sure where the extra ABL command is coming from.
Right now if I start a job from my SD reader it does this;
1, ABL <-----this is what I want to remove.
2, Heats Bed
3. ABL
4.Start Job
December 26, 2015 09:21AM
That looks like a normal start up sequence to do Auto Bed Leveling. The G28 is going to use the probe to do the home operation. You might want to change the G29 to something like G29 V4 P4 so you can see when it gets to that particular GCode line of the file.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login