Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer was working and then something stopped

Posted by grtbaldini 
Printer was working and then something stopped
December 24, 2015 01:11PM
Hey all,
I have a MendalMax 1.5 printer with Ramps 1.4 and Arduino mega 2560 board. My printer sat for a decent amount of time and I recently tried to print something. I had my setup tuned almost tiptop and never had to tweak anything. So I loaded a simple print job and the printer was warming up, hotend, bed, the axis were all moving, homed, got to temp on the hotend and then the gcode that I put in went into error as every line of code there was a ? at each end but nothing moved except when all the axis homed. I tried different gcode but then the printer stopped and I could not even warm the bed, move motors etc. Maybe the power supply went? it powers up the board and the LED light up. I can upload Marlin code and it accepts that fine. Just don't know where I should start looking to troubleshoot things... Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!
Re: Printer was working and then something stopped
December 27, 2015 04:26PM
I've tested my steppers with the ramps 14 test, they all work. I updated the Arduino software, using newest Marlin and Printrun. Printer connects, I get 2 manual button pushes either on the x or y and then nothing. Would my board be toast? Anybody?
December 27, 2015 05:58PM
I would start small. I would reset everything, and connect PronterFace to the printer. I would see if it can home. I would give it a M114 and a M119 command and see what it says.
December 27, 2015 09:40PM
Wish I knew what the problem was but I'm back to printing. After I took things apart I had to flip the Y and Z connectors on their pins. Then everything went back to normal and thats all that matters... smiling smiley Those connectors never moved until I moved them today troubleshooting so maybe it was the Eprom clear, the new firmware, dunno....
December 27, 2015 10:19PM
Firmware can allow you to invert the axis movement...
December 30, 2015 10:54PM
There are no EEPROM settings to invert an axis. You must have changed the way the connectors plugged in.
December 31, 2015 01:29AM
"I updated the Arduino software, using newest Marlin"

he replaced the firmware, and configured the invert axis setting differently
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login