Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Web Server - invalid JSON bug?

Posted by tomasf 
Duet Web Server - invalid JSON bug?
December 08, 2015 01:19PM
I'm running 1.09m-dc42 on my T3P3 Kossel Mini v3, and while printing, the web interface often stops working, displaying this error:

Checking the response from the rr_status call, it returns invalid JSON, because it contains "inf" for the file-based remaining time. This seems to happen almost randomly, and if I wait a while and try again, sometimes it’s back to normal. It’s pretty annoying, because I can’t even easily cancel the print when this happens (though obviously this can be worked around in several ways).

"timesLeft": {
    "file": inf,
    "filament": 0.0,
    "layer": 4784.1
}

This seems like a bug – the delivered data should always return valid JSON, right? How do I report this bug? GitHub issues? Has anyone else seen this? Any way I can avoid it until it’s fixed?
Thanks!

Tomas
Re: Duet Web Server - invalid JSON bug?
December 08, 2015 01:46PM
Which Browser are you using?
December 08, 2015 03:52PM
You can report issues at [github.com]. This is the first report I've seen of this issue. I'll look into it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 03:52PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 08, 2015 04:28PM
Hi tomasf,

Please try the 1.09m+1-dc42 binary I have put at [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]. I found some possible causes of the problem in the file-based print time estimation code, in code I accepted from another developer and didn't review thoroughly. I have now rewritten that code.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 09, 2015 04:34AM
Thanks, David! This build seems to work well. I'll have to do a few more prints to be sure, but so far I haven't seen the JSON bug at all. Fantastic!
December 09, 2015 05:48AM
tomasf
Thanks, David! This build seems to work well. I'll have to do a few more prints to be sure, but so far I haven't seen the JSON bug at all. Fantastic!

It's easy to fix things when people provide a detailed description of the problem, as you did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login