Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z homing and bed levelling not working with CoreXZ in 1.1.0 RC2

Posted by Gina 
Z homing and bed levelling not working with CoreXZ in 1.1.0 RC2
November 09, 2015 04:31AM
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes...

I have just modified my RepRap style 3D printer to CoreXZ and though the normal movements are fine, the Z homing and bed levelling doesn't work properly - the X carriage only moves upwards. Bed levelling was working fine before converting to CoreXZ. I am using the options in configuration.h to enable these features in Marlin 1.1.0 RC2 as downloaded from github. I know CoreXZ is a recent addition to Marlin and that this release is not yet fully tested but wondered if anyone else had this problem and found a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Gina
Re: Z homing and bed levelling not working with CoreXZ in 1.1.0 RC2
November 09, 2015 05:17AM
Bedleveling on a CoreXZ will not work. Marlin needs to rewrite the mechanism of probing.
Maybe also the homing procedure...

Marlin reads raw position informations of the motors and translate them directly into cartesian coordinates. This is wrong.

I spend some hours to read this part, but I don't have an idea to solve it. You could open an issue on github. There are a lot of developers and they don't read that much on reprap-forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 05:21AM by Wurstnase.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
Re: Z homing and bed levelling not working with CoreXZ in 1.1.0 RC2
November 09, 2015 06:32AM
Thank you for your reply smiling smiley I will open an issue on github as you suggest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login