Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet-DC42 not accepting T+M109/4 same line

Posted by Epop 
Duet-DC42 not accepting T+M109/4 same line
August 18, 2015 12:25AM
I went with this section because its typical for NC machines to accept this format.
Been messing with slic3r, it attempts to...

"M104 S200 T0 "
and
"M109 S200 T0"
at least M104 seems to be accepted, print begins at the 'same time' warmup begins on the correct extruder. Cold extruder safety works. smiling smiley

If I manually move the T word to the line above it works fine but in multi extruder situations its a chore. But, I suppose the other side of my issue is I cannot seem to get slic3r to NOT do this. so...

Thanks,
Re: Duet-DC42 not accepting T+M109/4 same line
August 18, 2015 03:23AM
Yes, it's a problem that slic3r attempts to heat the hot end before running your start gcode, so you can't get a tool selection command in the gcode before that command.

A workaround is to put the following in your start gcode:

T0
M109 S[first_layer_temperature]

or similar using M104 depending on whether you do or don't want to wait for the heater at that point.

I have it in mind to change the behaviour of M104 and M109 in my fork so that in addition to setting the hot end temperatures, they select the tool as well if the T parameter is given, at least if no tool is currently selected. But this would be a deviation from how the official RepRapPro firmware works.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 03:25AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 23, 2015 01:42AM
Thanks for the reply.

T0 - assuming the first tool is always T0.

I usually use KisSlicer but it seems to have issues with large diameters(current attempt is~150mm) . - It 'hangs up' at various sections and creates ribs/blobs on some corners of the facets created by the *.STL.

So... Slic3r...

Any idea behind the logic of not accepting the T word on the same line as M109/4?

Thanks,

P.S. You're in the UK... yeah?
August 23, 2015 02:38AM
The firmware does process the T0 on the M104 line, and sets the active temperature of tool 0 to the temperature specified. But that isn't the same as selecting the tool.

When I last sliced a dual extrusion model, slic3r did generate separate T0 and T1 commands in the gcode, as well as putting the T0 and T1 parameters on the M104 and M109 commands. Has that behaviour changed in more recent versions?

Yes I am in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2015 02:39AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login