Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin tweaking

Posted by BeebBenjamin 
Marlin tweaking
July 23, 2015 08:09AM
Hi Guys,

I've been having a thermal run away problem. So I have developed a multiplex thermocouple relay as a secondary protection, if it detects thermal run away in either of 1 of 2 probes it cuts off the mains power. I have been developing this circuit on a Arduino UNO and would like to make it a bolt on for a Sanguinolou using the Marlin firmware. Bit of a n00b question here regarding the firmware.

Which is the main code file that I would add something to the void loop subroutine in order to add my thermocouple code? Also is it straight forward to reference the extra pins like it is using an Arduino?

Cheers,

Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 08:10AM by BeebBenjamin.
Re: Marlin tweaking
September 22, 2015 04:13AM
Speaking of thermal protection, I'm just going to add a thermal fuse attached to the nozzle heater block some how. I don't think I trust the firmware, the the output FETs. Just recently the LCD blinked and then showed 0/0 nozzle temp, then after pushing the control knob to refresh the LCD it showed 550C, which then of course there was a strange smell and a partially melted PTFE. And even if the firmware does kick in, the FETs could just lock up, and it would not matter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login