Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Position Function?

Posted by aleroux2015 
Extruder Position Function?
July 10, 2015 01:11PM
Hello all!

I am working on modifying some gcode running on marlin firmware. Does anyone know how to set the extruder to a specific position (angle) WHILE gcode is running a print (NOT manual control).

In manual control, G1 E[position angle] will do the trick every time (the stepper acts like a servo motor basically).

But when I run the gcode while the print is running the extruder will run for the length of the position INSTEAD OF going to the position.

Any suggestions on how I could fix this would be so incredibly appreciated.
Re: Extruder Position Function?
July 11, 2015 02:31AM
You might want to check out G90/G91/G92 codes for absolute/relative positioning...
But AFAIK, the slicer always generates absolute positioning coordinates.
You´d need a postprocessing program.
-Olaf
July 11, 2015 01:36PM
Thanks for the response Olaf. I've actually looked into that to no avail. It doesn't seem to make much sense.

Is there a postprocessing program you recommend?
July 12, 2015 05:04AM

Is there a postprocessing program you recommend?

Actually I don´t know any... sad smiley Although, I have plenty of projects, that would need one )
But with an excel sheet and some expert knowledge it should be possible to write your own tailormade script. In the end it is ASCII-string manipulation with a little math.

Cura is OpenSource, and already has two postprocessing routines implemented. It could work, too.
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login