Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post subject: @$%&*#! Nearly ready to throw the printer out the window!

Posted by dislegal 
Re: Post subject: @$%&*#! Nearly ready to throw the printer out the window!
July 27, 2015 05:58PM
Maybe it's a different version of Marlin, by my understanding is that Marlin only looks at the end-stops when you're homing the axes. To stop running off the edge of the build volume whilst printing it assumes that every step actually happens as commanded.

Issue the M119 from the terminal to check the status of the end-stops. If you have a Z-probe, it should only show triggered if there's something metal under it.
July 28, 2015 04:30AM
I've started a new topic here with a clearer listing of what my problems are and what my hardware/firmware combo are. Thanks for all the help in this thread but since I didn't explain myself clearly, I think it's become a little unclear for anyone wanting to offer help.
July 28, 2015 04:59AM
Marlin now has an option to use the end stops full time. I have the hardware endstops turned on with software endstops disabled because I have min and max end stops. Even if I tell my printer to move to a location it can't move to it won't go and grind on the end of its travel limit because it hits the limit switches and just stops.

I don't know how recent it is but it's in the 1.0.2 release version I'm using (at least I think I'm using that version, been a while since I downloaded it)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login