Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TeaCup on Arduino Uno

Posted by calogerom 
TeaCup on Arduino Uno
June 19, 2015 11:39AM
Hello everybody!
I downloaded Teacup firmware but when I should create config.h file with configtool program, I don't find the file to choose Arduino Uno as board. Why?
Re: TeaCup on Arduino Uno
June 19, 2015 04:27PM
I'm working towards using an Uno with a CNC shield V3.

Here's where I'm at right now. Still untested.

you can download it and use it as a bases for yours. just copy it to the config folder.
Attachments:
open | download - board.CNC_Shield_V3_UNO.h (8.3 KB)
June 19, 2015 05:06PM
Thank you very much winking smiley
June 20, 2015 05:03AM
Now I have another problem: I'm using Arduino Nano because it has two analog input more (AIO6 and AIO7). I connected two thermistor (one for the bed and one for the extruder) to these pins. But Repetier show me 0°C. Why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 05:05AM by calogerom.
June 20, 2015 05:17AM
calogerom
Now I have another problem: I'm using Arduino Nano because it has two analog input more (AIO6 and AIO7). I connected two thermistor (one for the bed and one for the extruder) to these pins. But Repetier show me 0°C. Why?

No pullup resistor ?
4.7k from AIOx to Aref building a voltage divider with the Thermistor.
-Olaf
June 20, 2015 05:26AM
On the board there is already pullup resistor (4,7kohm).
June 20, 2015 05:44AM
Wether the electrical part of a temp sensor works can be measured easily. At room temperature voltage on the pin should be slightly below supply voltage, so 4.80 volts or something. With raising temperature, this voltage should go down. Warming with fingers is sufficient for another 0.2 V drop. Higher temperatures can be reached with a candle or a lighter, but be careful to not overheat it.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

June 20, 2015 05:59AM
I tried to measure voltage with a multimeter and the values match those that you wrote. So I tried to use another analog pin to read the tempetature but it is always 0°C. I think there is some problem in the software. What do you think?
June 20, 2015 06:08AM
madmike8

you can download it and use it as a bases for yours. just copy it to the config folder.

Thanks. I think it's about time to add one or two of these Nano/Uno based setups to the distribution, so I looked into it. One thing I found is, you name the extruder "hotend", which requires adding a P0 to each M104 and gives a slightly different answer text on M105. Renaming this to "extruder" would fix this. "extruder", "bed" and "fan" are names with a special meaning, see the tooltip when hovering over the "add sensor" "Add" button on the heater tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 06:12AM by Traumflug.

June 20, 2015 06:15AM
I named the thermirstor of extruder "extruder" and the thermistor of bed "bed". But Repetier show me always 0°C. Moreover Repetier show me only the thermistor of extruder although there is connected the thermistor of bed.
June 20, 2015 06:19AM
In the attachments my board.h file
Attachments:
open | download - board.3dprinter.h (8.5 KB)
June 20, 2015 06:27AM
What does the answer read if you send a M105 manually? Repetier is known to be feature-rich, but also to do funny things at times. At least for debugging, Pronterface is better.

June 20, 2015 06:30AM
The answer if I send a M105 manuallt is only "ok"
June 20, 2015 06:30AM
I'm looking for a schematics of this CNC shield, to find out which pins are available for heaters and temp sensors. Does such a thing exist?

June 20, 2015 06:32AM
calogerom
The answer if I send a M105 manuallt is only "ok"

That's obviously not enough :-)

It should read something like
ok T:377.0/0.0 B:377.0/0.0
with temp sensor disconnected, other numbers with it connected.

June 20, 2015 06:38AM
Traumflug
I'm looking for a schematics of this CNC shield, to find out which pins are available for heaters and temp sensors. Does such a thing exist?
The board was designed by me. In attachments there is the electrical schematic.
Attachments:
open | download - PCB - Multisim 1.pdf (59.1 KB)
June 20, 2015 06:46AM

That's obviously not enough :-)

It should read something like
ok T:377.0/0.0 B:377.0/0.0
with temp sensor disconnected, other numbers with it connected.

I tried to upload a simple sketch to test the thermistor. With this sketch I read the correct voltage on the thermistor. So, I think the problem is in Teacup firmware
June 20, 2015 06:54AM
Currenty I'm out of ideas, except for some printf()-type debugging. Temperatures are printed in temp_print() in temp.c and Teacup's flavour of printf() is sersendf_P() (as you can see there). First I'd check wether this function is reached at all, by inserting an unconditional sersendf_P(), then looking what the variable index reads, and so on. Can't test this myself, I have no such hardware, still I'm very interested to find a possible bug, of course.

June 20, 2015 07:05AM
Thank you for the time you are losing smiling smiley
I tried to modify temp_print function from:
void temp_print(temp_sensor_t index) {
	if (index == TEMP_SENSOR_none) { // standard behaviour
		#ifdef HEATER_EXTRUDER
			sersendf_P(PSTR("T:"));
      single_temp_print(TEMP_SENSOR_extruder);
		#endif
		#ifdef HEATER_BED
			sersendf_P(PSTR(" B:"));
      single_temp_print(TEMP_SENSOR_bed);
		#endif
	}
	else {
		if (index >= NUM_TEMP_SENSORS)
			return;
		sersendf_P(PSTR("T[%su]:"), index);
		single_temp_print(index);
	}
}
to:
void temp_print(temp_sensor_t index) {
	sersendf_P(PSTR("T:"));
	single_temp_print(TEMP_SENSOR_extruder);
	sersendf_P(PSTR(" B:"));
	single_temp_print(TEMP_SENSOR_bed);
}
But the answer is always "ok". So the problem is before of this funcion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 07:05AM by calogerom.
June 20, 2015 08:37AM
The function is called from gcode_process.c, line 452..472. Not much code there, it almost looks as if the "M105" its self isn't recognized.

June 20, 2015 08:58AM
There's also this commit: [github.com] , which tries to deal with some of the Repetier assumptions. Just a wild guess.

June 20, 2015 09:47AM
Traumflug
The function is called from gcode_process.c, line 452..472. Not much code there, it almost looks as if the "M105" its self isn't recognized.

I tried to print something where the function is called but in log there is no response

Traumflug
There's also this commit: [github.com] , which tries to deal with some of the Repetier assumptions. Just a wild guess.

I changed code like that above, but I don't receive any "ok" in this way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 09:49AM by calogerom.
June 20, 2015 10:50AM
Traumflug
madmike8

Thanks. I think it's about time to add one or two of these Nano/Uno based setups to the distribution, so I looked into it. One thing I found is, you name the extruder "hotend", which requires adding a P0 to each M104 and gives a slightly different answer text on M105. Renaming this to "extruder" would fix this. "extruder", "bed" and "fan" are names with a special meaning, see the tooltip when hovering over the "add sensor" "Add" button on the heater tab.

Hey, Thanks! I'll make the changes on my board file. I didn't get a chance to test last night... It'll happen!
June 23, 2015 10:25AM
I read in Marlin (configuration.h) that it is possible set Arduino Duemilanove (similar to Arduino Nano) as motherboard. But when I tried to upload sketch in to Arduino Nano, the size of the program is too big. Why is there this motherboard in the options if it is impossible upload sketch?
June 23, 2015 04:00PM
Disable features until it can fit.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
June 23, 2015 07:01PM
Which features?
June 24, 2015 12:23AM
Anything which is more than movement and hotend. But anyway, Teacup is smaller and I would go with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2015 12:24AM by Wurstnase.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login