Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin - Acceleration settings differ from what is set

Posted by wes1007 
Marlin - Acceleration settings differ from what is set
June 07, 2015 02:39PM
Was having a problem where my settings (acceleration , Max velocity etc) where different in firmware and on the LCD.

I edited the original question by mistake instead of posting a reply. Heres what I found:

You have to go into configurationstore.cpp and increment the version number:
// IMPORTANT:  Whenever there are changes made to the variables stored in EEPROM
// in the functions below, also increment the version number. This makes sure that
// the default values are used whenever there is a change to the data, to prevent
// wrong data being written to the variables.
// ALSO:  always make sure the variables in the Store and retrieve sections are in the same order.

#define EEPROM_VERSION "V14"

Noticed that none of the changes I was making were being applied until I did this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 02:41PM by wes1007.
Re: Marlin - Acceleration settings differ from what is set
June 08, 2015 04:23AM
I always use the smart-LCD function " use standardconfig" and "store EEprom" to refresh my values.
Others use pronterface/printrface or whatnot and write "M502" then "M500" to achieve the same.

The function you were using, is IMHO for developers who change/add EEprom data for their specific addon.
-Olaf
Re: Marlin - Acceleration settings differ from what is set
June 08, 2015 04:29AM
So what your saying is after I upload the modified firmware I should do a M502 and then M500? Or is that only if i've done all the settings on the smart controller?

I don't think i've seen "use standardconfig" and "store EEprom" Before on the controller :/ Ill have a look again when i'm in front of my printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login