Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Mendel90 and endstops

Posted by yiancar 
Duet Mendel90 and endstops
June 03, 2015 01:50PM
This is my first 3d printer attempt so I am not quite sure what I am doing.

I uploaded the latest dc42 firmware on the duet and then tried to configure my gcode.

So in the config file I added the command to enable all 3 endstop switches with the correct configuration.
I removed the Zprobe command
And finally in the homing files i changed the set length command to the ones they are suppose to. is there anything else i need to do?

I basically have to main problems. after slicing and using printrun if i put the center of the printer at 100x100 and the max dimensions to 200x200 and dont change the offsets at printrun the z axis does not lower. also it tries to print in the corner and not in the middle of them bed(therefor out of limits mostly)

Thank you,
Yiangos
Re: Duet Mendel90 and endstops
June 03, 2015 02:05PM
Hi Yiangos,

1. If you tell the printer to home, does it home correctly? If you are using a switch for Z homing, then you will need to use a G1 S1 command for Z homing (similar to the ones used for X and Y homing) in the homez.g and homeall.g files, instead of the G30 command (because that uses the Z probe).

2. If homing works correctly, can you confirm that you homed the printer before you tried to print, or you have a homing command in the slic3r start gcode?

3. If yes, please attach your config.g file, along with the gcode file you are trying to print? You will probably need to zip up the gcode file to make it small enough to attach.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 04, 2015 10:12AM
1. I thing ive done that
2.yes
3.attachedsmiling smiley

thank you for the help
Attachments:
open | download - gcode.rar (2.4 KB)
June 04, 2015 10:26AM
I still need the gcode file you were trying to print, or at least the first 100 or so lines of it, to see if it is sliced appropriately for your machine.

Can you also confirm that after homing, if you send G1 X100 Y100 Z1 then the head moves to 1mm above the centre of the bed?

btw on a Cartesian machine (not CoreXY yet), you can also set up the homeall.g file to home X and Y simultaneously.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 04, 2015 12:19PM
Yes it does.

Question is this the correct way to set the Z offset ?(i mean in the homing file?)

how do you do the simultaneous homing?

in pronterface my offsets are all 0
Attachments:
open | download - shark-placed.rar (128.8 KB)
June 04, 2015 01:49PM
yiancar
Question is this the correct way to set the Z offset ?(i mean in the homing file?)

From your homez.g file, I deduce that you have a Z endstop switch at the high end of your Z axis, and the height when triggered is 126.1 mm. If that is the case, then your homez.g looks good to me. You might want to back off 1mm or so after hitting the endstop and then home again at a slower speed, like you do for the X and Y axes.

yiancar
how do you do the simultaneous homing?

Combine the X and Y sections in the homeall.g file. For the Ormerod 1 (which has low X and high Y sensors), I use this:

; Ormerod 1 homeall file for use with dc42 Duet firmware
; Adjust the bed upper and lower limits in config.g (M208 commands) to get the correct homing positions
G91
G1 Z4 F200
G1 X-240 Y240 F3000 S1
G1 X4 Y-4 F600
G1 X-10 Y10 S1
G90
... (z homing code follows)

Your gcode file looks OK to me, although you are using absolute extrusion whereas relative extrusion is recommended for RepRapFirmware. However, at the start of the file, it is commanding the head to Z=0.3 at a very high rate (7800mm/min, which is 130mm/sec). This is much faster than your machine's Z axis can manage - but that is quite normal for slic3r output. So what really matters is the maximum Z axis speed set by the M203 command in config.g. What do you have it set to? On my Ormerod I use 100mm/min. I see you are homing at 200mm/min, so that may be appropriate if the Z axis moves by reliable amounts at that speed.

June 04, 2015 02:31PM
in the config.g i used M203 X15000 Y15000 Z100 E3600 it was the default i found in another config file. I really have no idea how to determine the proper value.

How to I change to relative extrusion?
June 04, 2015 05:13PM
yiancar
in the config.g i used M203 X15000 Y15000 Z100 E3600 it was the default i found in another config file. I really have no idea how to determine the proper value.

Those sound like the Ormerod values to me. I suggest you reduce the X and Y 15000 values to 6000 (i.e. 100mm/sec) until you have this problem resolved.

yiancar
How to I change to relative extrusion?

You check the box in the slic3r Printer settings called "Use relative E distances", and change the M82 command in your start gcode to M83.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 05:14PM by dc42.

June 04, 2015 06:48PM
cool thank you for all the help,
I will give it a trysmiling smiley

An offtopic question, if i add a second extruder, how does the firmware know the distance between the 2 extruders in order to be able to print? is that something i add in slic3r?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 06:50PM by yiancar.
June 05, 2015 04:05AM
yiancar
An offtopic question, if i add a second extruder, how does the firmware know the distance between the 2 extruders in order to be able to print? is that something i add in slic3r?

Although you can do it in slic3r, it is better to use G10 commands in config.g. I use this:

M563 P0 D0 H1                       ; Define tool 0
G10 P0 X-11 Y0 Z0 S0 R0             ; Set tool 0 offset, operating and standby temperatures
M563 P1 D1 H2			    ; Define tool 1
G10 P1 X11 Y0.4 Z0 S0 R0            ; Set tool 1 offset, operating and standby temperatures

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login