Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 1.09a-dc42 - keep Z axis enabled

Posted by FatFreddie 
Duet 1.09a-dc42 - keep Z axis enabled
June 02, 2015 10:45AM
I've built a sli3dr style printer with a cable operated Z stage with a Duet controller and I need to keep the Z axis enabled otherwise it just drops to the bottom when the motors time out which is making setting up the build plate difficult. Is there any way of either disabling the timeout for all motors or preferably just the Z axis?

I'm using DC42's very fine fork of the firmware and I've had a look through the code and it looks like M85 (set shutdown timer) is not implemented but I'm not familiar with the code so I may be missing something.

TIA,
Mark
Re: Duet 1.09a-dc42 - keep Z axis enabled
June 02, 2015 11:34AM
FatFreddie
I've built a sli3dr style printer with a cable operated Z stage with a Duet controller and I need to keep the Z axis enabled otherwise it just drops to the bottom when the motors time out which is making setting up the build plate difficult. Is there any way of either disabling the timeout for all motors or preferably just the Z axis?

Add parameter I100 to the M906 command in config.g. That will set the idle motor current to 100% of normal. Or use 80%, or whatever value works for you. The default is 30%.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2015 11:34AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Duet 1.09a-dc42 - keep Z axis enabled
June 03, 2015 09:52AM
Thanks David, that's solved the immediate problem. At some point I'd like to separate out the idle currents for each axis (to keep the noise down) but that's going to have to wait until I get the hardware sorted :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login