Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disable all heaters when print is finished

Posted by atunguyd 
Disable all heaters when print is finished
June 01, 2015 07:23AM
Hi, I am asking this here before I make any suggestions on the Marlin github as my issue may already have been addressed and I am missing it.

I recently switched from using a host software (Repetier) to printing directly from SD card, last night I ran a very long print so I left it overnight, this morning the print was complete but I noticed that the heated bed was still hot. Looking at the GCode that Slic3r generated I saw that it only had the code to switch off the extruder and not the bed. I am ok with putting this into Slic3r but I would like the added failsafe within Marlin.

Is there any support already in Marlin to switch off all the heaters when the print is completed? I have looked through the various configuration header files but I cant see anything.

Thanks

Anthony

** I realise that I double posted this, earlier I posted it in the experimental firmware forum, I apologize for this, if the mods could remove it that would be great.
Re: Disable all heaters when print is finished
June 02, 2015 04:30PM
Not sure. Marlin only follows Gcode orders. It doesn't know that your print is finished.
It's the slicer Gcode that tells the heaters to switch off after a print.
Maybe marlin could have a timer added to shut off power after a period of inactivity. I don't think I'd want that myself.
Go to 'Custom G code' in the Printer settings tab in Slic3r.
There is the line there M104 S0 turn off temperature.
Just add the line; M140 S0 (in capitals)

That switches off the bed. You only need do it once. Slic3r remembers it.

-a

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2015 04:38PM by alan richard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login