Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

repetier on delta disables x and y motors after reaching position

Posted by Mulder 
repetier on delta disables x and y motors after reaching position
May 23, 2015 04:52PM
when i try to level my delta (manual, no z-probe yet), i found out that after moving to a position, the printer disables the x and y motors but leaves the z-motor powered, well ...since its a delta, it is tower a and b that get switched off but tower 3 stays on.

this means, that when i try to level the delta and move the head to tower a or b, once the printer reached the position, the head sags down a bit because it immediatley stops powering the stepper motor. i can freely move the motors on tower a and b with my hand, but the carriage on tower c is still in perfect position and i cannot move it with my hands beacuse the motor is still powered and holding position.

this is on repetier 0.92

it seems to me that this is the behaviour of a standard cartesian printer because on these printers it makes sense to only keep the z axis powered once the position is reached.

any ideas how to solve this?
Re: repetier on delta disables x and y motors after reaching position
May 24, 2015 06:07AM
i looked through the source code and made disableXStepper and disableYStepper a NoOp by commenting out the lines WRITE(X_ENABLE_PIN, !X_ENABLE_ON);

to my suprise, this did not change anything at all and x/y motors still disable instantly after each move.... i will search the code, maybe there is a different place that instead of disable the motors dials down the holding current?

ok, just out of interest, i flashed marlin, and tada, all motors keep active after a move... but i want repetier, its so much easier to manually calibrate deltas usig the eeprom and also can tweak each towers delta radius individually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 06:23AM by Mulder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login