Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help activating LCD backlight in marlin

Posted by Lerathel 
Need help activating LCD backlight in marlin
May 19, 2015 02:00PM
Hi, Yesterday I connected my 2004a I2C lcd screen in my mini kossel. In marlin uncommented #define LCD_I2C_SAINSMART_YWROBOT.

After upload the blank screen with blue backlight turned dark. I can see the text with a lot of light... but its almost invisible. Simply the backlight is off.

I looked around in code for hours trying to pass the backlight.init() and other similar function even tryed different screen option and different liquidcrystal_I2C librairies but nothing. I tryed removing the jumper at the back of the screen, still nothing.

I think its about BL_pin_position. maybe in ULTRA_LCD_IMPLEMENTATION_HITACHI_HD44780_H. I even tryed looking in the liquidCrystal_I2C librairies to try if I could fin a way to simply let the backlight on all the time.

Sadly im not an expert at all in this language and I jsute started fidling in marlin code since 2 days. If someone could help me with that i would be really grateful.

When I power up the printer le lcd backlight turn on for a second before turning dark juste before the text appear. I've included pictures of the lcd front and back and the connection to the ramp 1.4

Please help ! (Leeloo Dallas) ^^
Attachments:
open | download - 20150519_131241_resized_1.jpg (447.3 KB)
open | download - 20150519_131328_resized_1.jpg (394.4 KB)
open | download - 20150519_131352_resized_1.jpg (344.6 KB)
open | download - 20150519_131718_resized.jpg (449.8 KB)
Re: Need help activating LCD backlight in marlin
May 19, 2015 03:01PM
I donĀ“t know if it helps, but the backlight LED pins are labeled "A" and "K" on top of the display.

For LEDs : Anode is GND and Kathode is + with a matching resistor in series.
-Olaf
PS: Did you try the potmeter on the I2C board?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 03:04PM by o_lampe.
Re: Need help activating LCD backlight in marlin
May 19, 2015 04:23PM
Thanks I do not have any spare electronic parts. yes I tryed the potentiometer and its for the brightness of the letter only. they go from dark to tranparent without the backlight.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login