Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Idea: Kossel moves much too slow - Repetier FW

Posted by 03daniel11 
No Idea: Kossel moves much too slow - Repetier FW
May 07, 2015 01:10PM
Hello guys,
I'm new to 3D printers and startet building a Kossel Kit.
I wanted to start calibrating the printer but have some problems with the repetier (0.91) firmware.
When controlled via repetier host (or with the LCD shield) the Kossel moves extremely slow, about 5s for 10mm.
I'm really frustrated because I don't know why.

Here are some of my settings:

#define MAX_FEEDRATE_X 200
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Y 200
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Z 200
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE_X 100
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE_Y100
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE_Z 100
#define HOMING_ORDER HOME_ORDER_ZXY
#define ENABLE_BACKLASH_COMPENSATION 0
#define X_BACKLASH 0
#define Y_BACKLASH 0
#define Z_BACKLASH 0
#define RAMP_ACCELERATION 1
#define STEPPER_HIGH_DELAY 0
#define STEP_DOUBLER_FREQUENCY 12000
#define ALLOW_QUADSTEPPING 1
#define DOUBLE_STEP_DELAY 1 // time in microseconds
#define MAX_HALFSTEP_INTERVAL 1999
#define MAX_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND_X 1000
#define MAX_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND_Y 1000
#define MAX_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND_Z 1000
#define MAX_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND_X 1000
#define MAX_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND_Y 1000
#define MAX_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND_Z 1000

I even increased some of the values (e.g. #define MAX_FEEDRATE_X 200 to 12000 or #define MAX_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND_X 1000 to 10000) but it did not change anything.

I hope you can help me with a hint.

Thanks,

Daniel

Edit - that might me useful:
I am using a stepper motor with 1.8 degree / step and a GT2 Belt.
The problem does not appear when using marlin FW but I want to calibrate it with repetier FW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 01:12PM by 03daniel11.
Re: No Idea: Kossel moves much too slow - Repetier FW
May 25, 2015 11:23PM
I'm far from an expert, but I've just recently finished building a self-sourced Kossel. Here's a few ideas based on things that gave me trouble:

• In Repetier host in the "Printer Settings", what are your settings on the "Printer" tab for "Travel Feed Rate" and "Z-Axis Feed Rate"? If I recall correctly the default options for those values in Repetier Host are insanely slow.
  • What kind of controller board are you using? My RAMPS clone came without any jumpers installed for the stepper jumpers, which apparently sets the board to dive the steppers motors a single step at a time. The printer was slow, moved HUGE distances for every millimeter I told it to move, and was insanely loud. I installed all three jumpers to set the board do 1/16 step at a time and it was a night and day improvement in all three aspects.
  • Have you tried using the configuration wizard for Repetier Firmware? IMHO it's a lot easier than manually editing configuration.h to make sure you set all the major important values.
May 28, 2015 10:14AM
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_X 200
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Y 200
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Z 200

is so slow!! 200/60 = 3.33mm/s
with delta you need to change X,Y and Z to a higher value

try

20000 (333 mm/sec)

#define MAX_FEEDRATE_X 20000
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Y 20000
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Z 20000

Also eeprom tends to override firmware setting so make sure thats you update eeprom setting.
May 28, 2015 12:40PM
Sure? Max feedrates are in mm/s i thought.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
June 08, 2015 05:59PM
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I was sure to have Eeprom disabled, so I only changed an checked firmware-values.
In Eeprom it said Travel Feed Rate = 2 and Z-Axis Feed Rate = 2. This was the problem.

A dumb question btw.:
Is it possible to configure eeprom so that stored values are saved when powered off and are the same when powered on?
Or is this a general "problem" of an eeprom that values get lost when powered off?
Because when I calibrate the printer and change parameters in eeprom every time I turn the printer off, next time I have to type in the old values.
June 08, 2015 06:55PM
03daniel11
A dumb question btw.:
Is it possible to configure eeprom so that stored values are saved when powered off and are the same when powered on?
Or is this a general "problem" of an eeprom that values get lost when powered off?
Because when I calibrate the printer and change parameters in eeprom every time I turn the printer off, next time I have to type in the old values.

Are you sure that you've activated the eeprom?

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
June 09, 2015 07:17AM
Yes...I'm sure...
June 09, 2015 08:34AM
EEPROM is for storing your values. Also when uploading an update of your firmware. Maybe you made the changes manually with M/G-Codes and don't save it in your EEPROM. To save you need to send a M500.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login