Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G1 S1 - Moves without setting it to zero with DC42?

Posted by lilleman 
G1 S1 - Moves without setting it to zero with DC42?
April 18, 2015 03:40PM
Been tinkering with my Ormerod 2 a couple of weeks now,I just changed to DC42 Firmware because i needed the extra control with end-stops (M574).
My latest idea was to use the nozzle + bed connected to the Z End-stop for homing Z and the Bed Leveling. The problem i found was when i did the bed-leveling was that it sets it to zero on every point.
I use Pronterface to write a macro that does the homing and bedlevling.

Heres the code for The first point, this also Homes Z:
G1 Z5 F300
G1 X5 Y5 F4000
G91
G0 Z-15 F20 S1
G92 Z0
G30 P0
G90

and the Second:
G1 Z5 F300
G1 X5 Y210 F4000
G91
G0 Z-15 F20 S1 ;This I Want not to Zero Z Obviously
G30 P1

And so on...

Any Suggestions?

Can a Moderator maybe move this to the Ormerod Section instead, it sounded good to put it here at first...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2015 04:56PM by lilleman.
Re: G1 S1 - Moves without setting it to zero with DC42?
April 18, 2015 06:17PM
An endstop switch is not the same as a Z probe, so the firmware doesn't support using one for bed compensation. However, it does support a switch-type Z probe connected to the E0 endstop pins, by selecting probe type 4 in the M558 command. Usually, the switch is a normally-closed one (like normal endstop switches), connected between the outer 2 pins of the E0 endstop connector. To use a normally open switch, you would have to connect it between the +3.3v (centre) pin of the endstop connector and the signal pin, and connect a pulldown resistor (e.g. 1K) between the signal pin and the ground pin. For safety, I suggest you connect a 100 ohm resistor in series with the switch, so that if you miswire it then you don't short the 3.3V pin to ground.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 18, 2015 07:49PM
thank you for the swift reply that is going to solve it. Have to wait for the shop to open tomorrow to get some resistors
April 19, 2015 06:41AM
I hope to release a new firmware version later today, and I've just changed it so that you can invert the Z probe logic level using M574 E1 S0. So you may not need any resistors. However:

- If you try this approach with the nozzle cold, then any plastic on the tip of the nozzle will prevent contact.

- The wires to the nozzle block and the bed plate may pick up noise, which may cause false triggering. The Z probe firmware includes an averaging filter, but that may not be enough to eliminate the problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login