Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambo Dual Y carriage with Marlin

Posted by MM/S^2 
Rambo Dual Y carriage with Marlin
April 17, 2015 09:27PM
Hi guys. I'm trying to use a dual y carriage on my Rambo. Right now I have them wired in series and connected to a single y driver. This is causing it to skip steps even at low accelerations. I would like to try splitting it so I have one stepper on the y driver and the other stepper on the E1 driver. I know there is implementation in the firmware for this but when I enable it I get a slew of errors. I am assuming this is because it is set up for the RAMPS pins. How can I assign the Rambo pins so this will work correctly? Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.
Re: Rambo Dual Y carriage with Marlin
April 18, 2015 12:25AM
Okay well looking through I see that I need to add some pins in some files in order to make the e1 stepper work like the y stepper. The only problem is I don't know which pins go where and I don't want to blow a driver or something when I try this. Any idead? I'm looking in marlin.h and stepper.cpp. I am also looking in the pins_RAMBO.h.
Re: Rambo Dual Y carriage with Marlin
April 18, 2015 01:30AM
Okay I got it 90% figured out. It was so simple I feel like a moron. I redefined the E1 pins as Y2. The problem is the motor doesn't move, it stutters. I'm sure this is another stupid thing that I messed up. Anybody have this issue before? It's not inherent to the motor, because it does it with known good motors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login