Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sprinter firmware upload

Posted by philbot 
Sprinter firmware upload
April 15, 2015 02:02PM
Hello,
I've been trying to update my Sprinter configuration.h file, ardrino 0023 compiles sprinter but when I try to up load I keep getting:
Avrude: stk500_get sync( ): resp=0X00

I have cloned the latest sprinter/kliment
Sanguino 0023r3 from google code

Sanguino 1.3a board
Windows 7 OS
I have the:
Right board selected
Right comm port selected
Right driver installed
Tried with reset jumper and with out
Tried reseting board before I get binary sketch size and after
Tried setting different comm ports in device manger
Tried different USB ports
Tried pretty much all the posts on several different forums
I have ordered an IPS because the only suggestion I haven't tried is to reburn the boot loader
because it is corrupted or set up wrong. But while I'm waiting for the ISP to arrive I was wondering if I did something wrong.
I did every thing in the sprinter README file except where it said to edit the INSTALL_DIR in the makefile and then to Run make.
So my question is will this impact my ability to upload changes to my config file.
I am not a coder and have googled make files but don't understand from where I'm supposed to run the make from.
So if this is an important step that I have misses can someone point me to instructions on editing and running makefiles.
If not short of waiting on flashing my boot is there something else I can try?
Thanx
Re: Sprinter firmware upload
April 19, 2015 03:54AM
reset jumper needs to be on, this is how the boot loader gets run.

Presuming a boot loader is installed, it could be using the old upload baud rate (completly seperate from the board rate you set in spriter)

take a look in your Sanguino boards.txt

It will say one of the following. change it to the othere and restart the arduno IDE and try again.

atmega644.upload.speed=57600
atmega644.upload.speed=38400

or 1284p or what ever chip your using.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 03:56AM by Dust.
April 20, 2015 02:19PM
Peter,
Thank you for your post, my boards.txt file had a baud rate of 57600 and I made sure that my comm port was set to the same baud rate under properties
I even tried 57600 in the sprinter configuration.h file but to no avail. When I get home this evening I will try 38400 and post my results. I agree it has to be a communication problem thanks again for the input
April 21, 2015 08:16AM
I tried a baud rate of 38400 changing it in boards.txt file and in device mgr. but got the same error message, are there any other files where the baud rates have to correspond.
Also I am still wondering if my sprinter make file has any thing to do with my communication problem.

I did every thing in the sprinter README file except where it said to edit the INSTALL_DIR in the makefile and then to Run make.
So my question is will this impact my ability to upload changes to my config file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 08:18AM by philbot.
April 22, 2015 12:44AM
To me that more or less proves there just isnt a boot loader on that chip... or its so weird that your never going to guess its correct settings. Best to put a known bootloader on it.

You need a isp avr or a second arduino so you can run [www.arduino.cc] to put on the boot loader on it.

Be sure to take note of your current FUSE setting before you do this.
April 22, 2015 03:41AM
I purchased a usbasp on line and it should be here any day. Should I just load the latest boot loaded for atmega 1284p from google code or the one that is in my sanguino file that is in the hardware/sanguino/bootloader file. Second would I set my fuses to what is listed in arvdude.cofig file for an atmega1284p or what is listed on reprap.org for my mcu. And last how do I note my current fuse settings before I load a new bootloader?
April 22, 2015 09:32PM
You can use avrdude to display current settings

The fuses in the arvdude config are for a generic board, not a reprap.. ie it assumes you want jtag enabled and you have a cyrstal not a resinator. You need to disable jtag or all enstops stop working.

I quite like the boot loaders in [reprap.org]

Just pick you prosessor and frequency the chip run at from the bootloaders directory (gen 7 is same cpu as SL)

They seem reliable.

Lots of aditional info here [dcgtek.blogspot.co.nz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login