Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Install Issues on a MKS v1.3

Posted by topbun 
Marlin Install Issues on a MKS v1.3
April 05, 2015 12:54AM
Update: I changed my serial port setting to 0 and now I can see and set the temperatures of the bed and extruder in Repetier Host. However, none of the motors move still. I tested the stepper motors and they appear to be working fine.

Update 2: One of the stepper drivers was getting way too hot, even though none of the motors will move. I switched the hot stepper driver with another and the same driver got hot again, so I ordered some new stepper drivers. I don't see how this could have caused all of the motors to not function, however.

A few weeks ago, I accidentally shorted my MKS v1.1 board and I ordered a MKS v1.3 board to replace it. Everything worked well with the old board.

After installing the Marlin firmware, and adjusting the configuration.h settings to the best of my ability (I'm fairly new to all of this), I've found that the printer can heat the extruder (and reads the bed/extruder temperatures correctly on the LCD, as far as I can tell) when printing directly from an SD card, but then, none of the motors move (even though the LCD screen claims they are moving normally). Besides this, nothing works: I cannot move any motors (X, Y, Zs, or E) in either Repetier Host or the smart controller, nor can I see the temperatures in Repetier host.

Physical setup summary:

-Prusa i3
-ATX power supply
-5 stepper motors (one bowden extruder, 2 z-axes, x and y)
-GT2 timing belts and 20 tooth GT2 gears
-Mechanical Min x,y,z endstops
-RepRapDiscount Smart Controller LCD screen

I've attached my Configuration.h, Configuration_adv.h, and pins.h; any help with this issue would be very much appreciated.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2015 10:49PM by topbun.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (34.9 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (21.2 KB)
open | download - pins.h (79.2 KB)
Re: Marlin Install Issues on a MKS v1.3
July 08, 2015 07:29AM
Hi topbun, did you sort this out yet?
If not, I may be able to help.

Let me know, I had the same problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2015 07:30AM by gjt211.
October 09, 2015 12:51AM
Hi. gjt211,

I have the same problem with topbun. I need help please.
October 10, 2015 05:54PM
Hi guys,

See here : [forums.reprap.org]

++JM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login