Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin (new) compilation warnings

Posted by demon 
Marlin (new) compilation warnings
April 04, 2015 03:55PM
Hi all,

I have been trying to compile Marlin for an Arduino Mega 2560. I have downloaded and imported the U8glib library using the IDE.

Whenever I try compiling Marlin, I obtain a multitude of warnings similar to this one:

/tmp/cc58UOq5.s:1331890: Warning: .stabs: description field '1171a' too big, try a different debug format

Does anybody have a clue of what's going on? How could I fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Marlin (new) compilation warnings
June 24, 2015 04:18AM
Just for future reference, it seems that these warnings only show up when compiling in Linux. I tried the compiling exactly the same code under Windows and had no warnings. It may be an issue with one of the libraries in Linux.
June 24, 2015 02:23PM
What version of both the Arduino kit and Marlin are involved? I have been running 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 on Linux, with Marlin 1.1.0, 1.2.0, and 1.3.0-dev with zero issues, but have found that if I updated the Arduimo kit, that sometimes I had to wipe and recreate my library directory, since old stuff sometime got left behind, thus inducing odd library errors.

- Tim
June 24, 2015 02:40PM
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I posted here today just for future reference for people finding the same problem.

I had this issue with several versions of the Arduino IDE. The same versions with the same code compiled fine in Windows, whereas in Lunix (Ubuntu 14) I always obtained lots of warnings. It doesn't bother me any more.

Regards
June 24, 2015 03:54PM
You still might want to recreate your library are - I never gotten a single warning, unless I break the source . . . could be an easy fix, and it does seem that the IDE, overall, has more bugs in WhinDuhs than Linux overall . . .

- Tim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login