Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Y motors on Marlin

Posted by 3dMistery 
Dual Y motors on Marlin
March 24, 2015 05:42PM
Hi!

I have big problem.My machine has dual Y motors (second driver is in E1 place). Unfortunately, for some weird reasons, Repetier is not working with my printer (RAMPS 1.4, DRV 8825's) and I don't know how to add second Y motor support to standard Marlin. Thing is that Marlin Works, but second Y motor is not moving. I tried to configure marlin X2, but it's too complicated and gives a bunch of errors.

I am relly in need of help.
Re: Dual Y motors on Marlin
March 24, 2015 05:56PM
I am going through the same issue. If you look at my post there is a link to a shapeko post. You can also look at the files I posted. I am not done yet but mostly there.
March 24, 2015 06:31PM
The actual branch have this allready? [github.com]

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
March 24, 2015 07:46PM
I like the file but my version of marlins doesn't have that file.
March 24, 2015 07:50PM
Wurstnase, are there any instructions how to set up that thing? Some guide, note, anything?

Distorted, you can try Repetier if it Works foryou-it has a really good online configuration tool.
March 25, 2015 09:46AM
Just enable it plug your second motor on the remaining driver beside the extruder. That should be all.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
March 29, 2015 06:57PM
It worked, thanks!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login