Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finding a suitable firmware for Core-XY Plotter

Posted by Lethandralis 
Finding a suitable firmware for Core-XY Plotter
March 20, 2015 06:06AM
I am currently working on a h-bot plotter. I am having trouble to find a suitiable firmware for core-xy type plotters. I have tried Marlin, but I am using a custom built board with an arduino nano; the sketch size of Marlin was too big for me. Is there another suitable firmware that I can use? Or maybe I can deactivate some parts of Marlin to reduce size since my project is a plotter, not an 3d printer; so I don't need many parts of the code.
Re: Finding a suitable firmware for Core-XY Plotter
March 20, 2015 07:27AM
Try Teacup. This can be really small and also have a coreXY-implementation.
[github.com]

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
March 23, 2015 10:50AM
Thank you, teacup worked perfectly.
March 23, 2015 12:40PM
Hello again, I have another problem now. I am using Pronterface for my plotter and everything works fine when I use basic G1 movements. However I guess teacup doesn't support G2/G3 movements, so I need to convert them to G1. The slicer software came with pronterface only accept 3d formats like stl. Where can I find a program to create gcode from 2D files using only G1; the ones i tried all use arcs.
March 23, 2015 05:21PM
Try slic3r or Cura. You may need to adjust the "output gcode flavour" setting.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 24, 2015 07:27PM
Slic3r and Cura takes OBJ, STL and AMF and these are 3D files. I need 2D file types like DXF here am I incorrect?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login