Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Manual Bed Leveling + Mesh based Bed Leveling

Posted by epatel 
Manual Bed Leveling + Mesh based Bed Leveling
March 15, 2015 10:31PM
I have just created a pull request of a method to do a bed leveling manually with the help of a display.

The bed leveling is also using a mesh method. The normal way is a tilted plane but this uses a mesh of points and does a bi-linear calculation.

You can read more about it here. [github.com]

It's pretty crazy but it really helps me out getting my newly built RigidBot BIG (with a bad build plate) working.
Re: Manual Bed Leveling + Mesh based Bed Leveling
March 21, 2015 10:39AM
Hi,

Just updated it so now it should be possible to do this bed leveling without a display. This will probably also make it possible to add this feature on a smaller 644 system.
November 30, 2015 10:39AM
Does this work in any version automatically with a probe yet? I don't see the need for manually doing this when a good probe is on the machine.
November 30, 2015 07:19PM
timeshell
Does this work in any version automatically with a probe yet? I don't see the need for manually doing this when a good probe is on the machine.

Well, I recently made a minimal probe for my own printer and added some code for that.

[www.thingiverse.com]

It does not support all the options the original auto bed levelling does, like offsets etc. But works quite good for me, and my RigidBot BIG with the crappy build plate.

Not sure it will make it into the main repo any time soon considering the state of the project.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2015 07:21PM by epatel.
February 26, 2016 01:20PM
Hi, is there any way of use this metod without using the Eeprom?
February 27, 2016 05:18AM
antoniobeta
Hi, is there any way of use this metod without using the Eeprom?

I think it should be possible, but then you will need to do the procedure every time you start or reboot the machine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login