Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

add relay

Posted by hagi 
add relay
March 03, 2015 07:03AM
Hello, I have a project to add a function in addition to the printer, I would like a relay controlled when printing is finished. The lcd screen is indicated the percentage of printing, I would ENTERING AND USING this varible to control a relay.

My question is, what is the file where this variable is?
Re: add relay
March 03, 2015 08:23AM
Set up a "heater" without temperature sensor on a spare pin in Teacup firmware, then you can use M106 to turn that on and off. Marlin, Repetier, Sprinter have M42 for similar things.

No need to watch the completion percentage, simply add a line of G-code at the end of your print file.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 04, 2015 05:37AM
I'm going to use an Arduino uno to read the state the one end stop, is it possible and easy ?
I d'ont understand how i can use m106 .
March 04, 2015 07:17AM
A whole Arduino to read a single digital pin? How would you communicate the result of this reading back to the main controller? Who writes the firmware for this and changes the main firmware to read communications instead of just a pin? And why did you ask about a relay if you actually want to operate and endstop?

I think you should take a step back and look at what you really want to achieve.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login