Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration low DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT still too big

Posted by pmzielinski 
Calibration low DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT still too big
February 18, 2015 12:41PM
Hi everyone,

my first post on my first project so definetly newbie on this.

Started building a Prusa i2 over a year ago but trying to keep it as cheap as possible so thats been part of my delays theoretically should be able to run now and have less that $100 in it.

Prusa i2 Wade Extruder
Melzi v1 board - I know its got issues
using a Dell laptop powersupply 19.5V 90w
geeetech heat bed

Loaded marlin firmware initally all steppers moved just big 10mm was more like 100mm
I forget what DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT values were initally but I'm down to DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {3, 3, 60, 470}
at this point 10mm looks like 13mm but steppers steppers are buzzy and I'm sure with steps like this sometiong is wron when other people ar at like 71 where I'm at 3.
Z seems to move ok, but haven't check measurement on that or extruder

I have other issues with the set up but one thing at a time I guess.

any help anyone can give I'd apreciate it thanks - Pete
Re: Calibration low DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT still too big
February 18, 2015 11:29PM
Hi,

do you have micro stepping enabled?
When i build my Repstrap couple of years a go, my steppers where jerky and loud, and they lost a lot of steps, until i added the jumpers for microstepping.

For the Steps per Unit the Prusa Calculator should work fine: Link

By the way, my goal was to stay as cheap as posible too. I ended up with about 300 $ worth of gear, mainly becouse i bought a chinese full metal extruder at
ebay, wich turned out to be a total desaster. I ended up with an modified Wades Extruder, and a J-Head hotend, and both are working fine till then.
Just a shourt reminder, that cheap sometimes means bad.
February 20, 2015 08:48PM
Hi,
I'm having a little trouble setting up my Wades extruder and was wondering if you have yours set up for 16 steps (all the jumpers installed). I've tried to find out which steps I should use with the Wades but have not found anything about it in the forum. Just to set the extruder up for 8 steps in the general setup using a direct drive stepper motor.
March 19, 2015 09:41AM
Hi

yes I checked microstepping is enabled. Sorry I'm just getting back to this family trouble. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with power supply voltage.
May 21, 2015 01:19PM
0backbone0 you were right on the jumpers afterall there was a trace on x axis jumper that was fractured, and 2 on the y finall found them last night and they are fixed. movement is smooth and numbers are now similar to what seems to be the norm still tweaking a little but what an improvement. It looks like I will be back to working on heats maybe even this weekend.

thanks for the feed back
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login