Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing Issues

Posted by PedroB 
Homing Issues
January 02, 2015 11:20AM
Hi All, my first post.
I have built a Prusi3 from scratch. I've gotten my firmware (Marlin) loaded and have been able to home Y and Z axis. I am having trouble with my X. When I jog from Pronterface the extruder travels in the expected direction. If I flag the mechanical endstop i can see that it registers as X min endstop when I issue a m119 command. When the x-axis homes, it will hit the endstop but try to continue (teeth jumping on pulley)
If I invert the x-direction: #define INVERT_X_DIR true, then the axis will home against the mechanical enstop just like it does on the other axis. But the problem is that when I jog X+ the axis travels in the -dir.
So then I flip the motor connection so that it is traveling as expected when i jog. But when the axis homes, it goes in the wrong direction. So I change: #define X_HOME_DIR from (-1) to (1). This will supposedly head it in the MAX direction but I have already inverted travel so it sends the axis to the mechancal stop MIN. But when it hits the stop it wants to keep going.

I feel like I'm missing something basic.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login