Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Current Marlin from GitHub borked?

Posted by UkIan 
Current Marlin from GitHub borked?
December 20, 2014 09:51AM
I just downloaded it and there are various compile errors if you try and enable the REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER (I have g8lib), errors below.

Looking at the history someone I don't know (actually that's everyone contributing to the project smiling smiley ) has been making changes in that area in the last day or so.

The last actual release was from over a year ago, but when ever I need a new copy I usually just get the full zip and compile.

So have I just got to go back to before fiddler started fiddling and find a good working point, or is there an easier way to get a fairly current version of the code that works?

In file included from ultralcd.cpp:42:0:
ultralcd.cpp: In function 'void lcd_control_temperature_menu()':
dogm_lcd_implementation.h:361:149: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*' [-fpermissive]
 #define lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_generic_P(row, pstr, pre_char, data) _drawmenu_setting_edit_generic(row, pstr, pre_char, data, true)
                                                                                                                                                     ^
dogm_lcd_implementation.h:377:88: note: in expansion of macro 'lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_generic_P'
 #define lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_bool_selected(row, pstr, pstr2, data) lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_generic_P(row, pstr, '>', (*(data))?PSTR(MSG_ON)tongue sticking out smileySTR(MSG_OFF))
                                                                                        ^
ultralcd.cpp:129:17: note: in expansion of macro 'lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_bool_selected'
                 lcd_implementation_drawmenu_ ## type ## _selected (_drawLineNr, _label_pstr , ## args ); \
                 ^
ultralcd.cpp:143:46: note: in expansion of macro 'MENU_ITEM'
 #define MENU_ITEM_EDIT(type, label, args...) MENU_ITEM(setting_edit_ ## type, label, PSTR(label) , ## args )
                                              ^
ultralcd.cpp:735:5: note: in expansion of macro 'MENU_ITEM_EDIT'
     MENU_ITEM_EDIT(bool, MSG_AUTOTEMP, &autotemp_enabled);
     ^
dogm_lcd_implementation.h:340:13: error:   initializing argument 4 of 'void _drawmenu_setting_edit_generic(uint8_t, const char*, char, char*, bool)' [-fpermissive]
 static void _drawmenu_setting_edit_generic(uint8_t row, const char* pstr, char pre_char, char* data, bool pgm) {
             ^
dogm_lcd_implementation.h:361:149: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*' [-fpermissive]
 #define lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_generic_P(row, pstr, pre_char, data) _drawmenu_setting_edit_generic(row, pstr, pre_char, data, true)
                                                                                                                                                     ^
dogm_lcd_implementation.h:378:79: note: in expansion of macro 'lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_generic_P'
 #define lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_bool(row, pstr, pstr2, data) lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_generic_P(row, pstr, ' ', (*(data))?PSTR(MSG_ON)tongue sticking out smileySTR(MSG_OFF))
                                                                               ^
ultralcd.cpp:131:17: note: in expansion of macro 'lcd_implementation_drawmenu_setting_edit_bool'
                 lcd_implementation_drawmenu_ ## type (_drawLineNr, _label_pstr , ## args ); \
                 ^
ultralcd.cpp:143:46: note: in expansion of macro 'MENU_ITEM'
 #define MENU_ITEM_EDIT(type, label, args...) MENU_ITEM(setting_edit_ ## type, label, PSTR(label) , ## args )
                                              ^
ultralcd.cpp:735:5: note: in expansion of macro 'MENU_ITEM_EDIT'
     MENU_ITEM_EDIT(bool, MSG_AUTOTEMP, &autotemp_enabled);
     ^
dogm_lcd_implementation.h:340:13: error:   initializing argument 4 of 'void _drawmenu_setting_edit_generic(uint8_t, const char*, char, char*, bool)' [-fpermissive]
 static void _drawmenu_setting_edit_generic(uint8_t row, const char* pstr, char pre_char, char* data, bool pgm) {
             ^
Error compiling.

Re: Current Marlin from GitHub borked?
December 21, 2014 10:30AM
Well, looks like there are changes afoot. I might poke my nose in a bit. There's a note on the front page of the git hub page now:

Github
NOTE: As per 21/12/2014 all stale branches have been thrown in the trash can, some where not updated in 3 years and some not in 2 years, currently we/i (boelle) suggest you use the "bug fixing branch" as we need to get sorted out any issues before we start to add more festures. A "stable" marlin is the goal

NOTE1: We are doing a kind of clean up in the list of issues and pull requests, the aim is to get to a kind of state where we can stamp it stable, and of course a more updated version we stamp unstable that will need testing. For the last part we need a lot of people with different machines that are willing to test the firmware so we can stamp it as stable. If you want to help out testing go to this issue and let us know: [github.com]

NOTE2: For submitting pull requests we ask that you PLEASE test the code first before submitting. When creating the pull request let us know what hardware you have tested on and how, just in short words. Pull requests that are not tested will likely not be merged as one slight change can risk breaking the code.

NOTE3: If you have a fix don't open an issue telling about it, but test the code and submit a pull request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login