Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermistor 3950 as Marlin Type 11 build into Repetier

Posted by docop 
Thermistor 3950 as Marlin Type 11 build into Repetier
December 15, 2014 06:13PM
Hi

I would like to know if we can add a new thermistor into the Repetier firmware ? On Marlin, the new version type for the thermistor is the 11.
As the 100K 3950 1% thermistor with 4.7k pull-up, is being present into most every of the silicone heater, it mostly needed.

So how can we copy the Marlin thermistor type #11 into Repetier ?

The thermistortable.h is present in Marlin firmware, but for Repetier not ??

On Repetier Firmware Web setup, there's place as: Generic thermistor table. But might not be that precise...

Or is the new version 0.92 final, will included it...

Thanks in advance
Re: Thermistor 3950 as Marlin Type 11 build into Repetier
February 23, 2015 10:12PM
Rolling... Is it allready included in the 0.92 repetier firmware?
Would also need this implemented... Regards @lex
February 24, 2015 03:46AM
I can't answer your question, but I'd like to point out that modern firmware for 32-bit controller boards supports any thermistor out of the box. You just put the 25C resistance and B values into the configuration or startup file.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 24, 2015 06:26AM
Thx DC. Do i need to change to 32 bit now.?Headscratching!? confused smiley grinning smiley
Of course I know the advantages but atm iam happy with y ramps 1.4. Tough i didnt knowed that the firmware for 32 bit boards are more developed.

I putted in these values in the repetier configurator but maybe i missed the res. @ 25° thing as my hotend res. differs from the bed at room temp. Ill check it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Is it just the resistance of the thermistor or including the leads resistance?

Happy day.
February 24, 2015 12:39PM
The resistance of the leads should be negligible. Hot end thermistors are generally 100K @ 25C, but bed thermistors are often lower e.g. 10K.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login