Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BobC Marlin, Due, RADDS, and RRD Full Graphic

Posted by rdm128 
BobC Marlin, Due, RADDS, and RRD Full Graphic
December 10, 2014 06:24PM
Looking for guidance...

I've built a Delta (modified 3DR) that is running superbly (thanks RichRap)! I recently upgraded from a RAMPS 1.4 to a DUE/RADDS board w/ BobC flavor of Marlin. Everything compiles and runs great from Pronterface.

I built my own cable to get a LCD2004 display working (20x4) and have had no issues with it. LCD, Encoder, Reset, and Beeper are all fully functional. I am attempting to get the RRD Full Graphic display working (which runs fine on my RAMPS 1.4) but I'm not getting very far...

I can pull the functioning LCD2004 off and replace it with the FGD, edit my config file only changing display type (uncomment RRD and comment out UltiPanel). I have the u8glib's installed. Everything compiles and downloads fine. On boot, I get nothing on the display (backlight only). Pronterface is fine, encoder, SD Card, Beeper and Reset are all fully functional.

I've tried digging through the code, but I'm an EE not a programmer. I thought there could be a timing issue, as the RRD does not use the R/W line, instead it fires bits and waits. The U8Glib takes care of this by using delays in the code that seemingly compensate for the faster processor. This is really all the further I could go.

I've tried googling my fingers numb and can't find anyone who has the RRD running on a DUE (either RAMPS FD or RADDS).

First question - Is it possible? The RADDS board compensates for the 3.3V -> 5V signaling. My cables are working as the two LCD's use the same pins.

Second question - How? I attempted to trace the program and it looks like BobC hardcoded his Marlin to use the LCD2004 when RADDS was selected. I tried pulling those customizations back to default only to get myself stuck with not compiling.

Direction?
Re: BobC Marlin, Due, RADDS, and RRD Full Graphic
December 11, 2014 06:32AM
Does your RRD GLCD have a contrast knob on the back? My SainSmart clone needed to be adjusted out of the box in order to display anything.....
December 11, 2014 07:24AM
It does not. I compiled the firmware with the contrast level at 10, 20, and 30 just to see if that's what I was missing. No effect. The current compilation is at the default 17 through configuration.h.

Thank you.
December 15, 2014 08:43AM
Can anyone confirm if they have used a 12864 GLCD with the DUE and any flavor of Marlin or Repetier?

I'd like to know that it functions in theory before chasing this. I'm not a developer, so I'll have to rely on the community for the coding piece.

Thanks in advance,

Rich
February 19, 2015 10:49AM
Hi, i had the 12864 LCD running on my Radds :-)
Also the Beeper SD Slot and Rotating Knob :-)
You had to switch in the uiconfig the pins to the Aux1 Header ;-)
February 20, 2015 07:41AM
Satcamel
Hi, i had the 12864 LCD running on my Radds :-)
Also the Beeper SD Slot and Rotating Knob :-)
You had to switch in the uiconfig the pins to the Aux1 Header ;-)

Thanks for the feedback! Do you recall what version of RADDS and what Firmware you were running at the time? I have the 2004 running without issue and the pinout is the identical for the FGLCD. I'm sure I'm running into firmware config woes.
February 22, 2015 08:30AM
Hi I am interrested also
uiconfig is the one from repetier FW 0.92 I guess as it have full support for due - Satcamel can you share the changes you did ?

I am also interrested if anyone succeded with Marlin FW as I got no success so far - even for LCD2004 initialisation seems working randomly on my RADDS 1.2 when no issue with RAMPS-FD

Thanks In advance,
February 22, 2015 11:24AM
Satcamel I found your thread [forums.reprap.org], so was great help
and after changing the pins it works well, seems my RADDS 1.2 use 41 for bepper, 44 for LCD4, 48 for Encoder P, 50 for Encoder A, 52 for Encoder B and I used 46 for RS and 47 for enable

Thanks for your useful UICONFIG.H it helped me a lot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login