Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Latest Marlin from github

Posted by ChrisT88 
Latest Marlin from github
October 25, 2014 09:19AM
I'm in middle of setting up my Kossel Mini with 5.18:1 stepper motor and Johann's extruder but running into an issue when calibrating the extruder. Using x16 stepping I decided to start out with M92 E465, and when I run a check using M501 I see the calibration changes are taking hold. My issue is that at 465 I'm seeing about 97mm vs 100 when I send G1 E100 so I make a change, say 466 vs 465 and sometimes the number will increase the filament travel distance and other times a higher number might decrease the filament fed.

I know it's not my testing method because if I leave the extruder at say 465 and run 3 tests each time I will get a consistent 97mm. After doing a few google searches I have read of others having this issue but so far nobody has offered up a solution.

I also find that when making long movements all my stepper motors sound as if they make a brief pause with a tone change every few rotations but it's so quick I can really only detect the sound change.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2014 09:21AM by ChrisT88.
Re: Latest Marlin from github
October 25, 2014 10:30AM
Fixed the extrusion distance issue. I swapped the stepper driver out with a new spare I had. Still get the dip in tone and as I looked closely it seems to happen at least 2-3 times a rotation but it's very difficult to hear it on the extruder. I can easily hear and see it on the X, Y and Z axis when going from home position (250+) to G1 Z0.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login