Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wait for operator code

Posted by revwarguy 
Wait for operator code
September 10, 2014 04:21PM
Is there a M or G code to wait for the operator to do something, then set something to continue?

Something like m3xx x, y, z, "Please place support material now"

where the x y and z tell the nozzle to go to that position (or it could default to home I suppose) and then display the string on the LCD or at least on Repetier's (or whatever) log?

Then it would wait until another event occurs, like a menu selection on the LCD or an enter key from repetier, etc. to continue?

I can think of several instances where this would be useful.
Re: Wait for operator code
September 21, 2014 04:25AM
I agree that this would be useful. I am considering adding this to my fork of the Duet firmware. However, I think you may already be able to achieve the same effect when printing from the SD card by putting the M25 gcode in the file. Then use the web interface to resume the print when you are done, or send M24 via the USB. To display a message, there is the M117 command.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Wait for operator code
September 21, 2014 07:10AM
IIRC, some G-code sending host have "pause" for that. This doesn't cause the controller to pause, but the sending host to pause sending G-code, having the same effect. These commands can be put into the G-code file, the host will recognize them. Not sure about the details, though.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login