Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't compile any version of Marlin - tried multiple Arduino IDEs

Posted by iira 
Can't compile any version of Marlin - tried multiple Arduino IDEs
August 29, 2014 09:30AM
I've spend the last few hours trying to compile Marlin to no avail. I've tried multiple forks (Johann's, the main Github repository and RichC's fork), all on the Arduino IDE 023, 1.0.0 and 1.0.5. I've tried on both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04. With each combination, I'll get slightly different errors but none compile successfully. Has anyone else run into these issues? I've tried tweaking the Config.h files and I can sort of get my way through some errors, but then others crop up... I'm at a complete loss here - can anyone shed some light?

EDIT:

This is what I get when I try to compile the latest version of Marlin straight from github. This is only the last line, there's a whole heap of traceback(?) stuff before hand.

libraries/Marlin/motion_control.cpp:29: multiple definition of `mc_arc(float*, float*, float*, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, float, float, unsigned char, unsigned char)'
motion_control.cpp.o:motion_control.cpp:29: first defined here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 09:52AM by iira.
Re: Can't compile any version of Marlin - tried multiple Arduino IDEs
August 29, 2014 06:50PM
Try downloading the latest version of the main branch from github and compiling it with the latest IDE, then post the full log here. That will give us the best chance of solving the problem. It's normally not the last error that's an indicator of the problem.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: Can't compile any version of Marlin - tried multiple Arduino IDEs
August 31, 2014 05:09PM
Just in case anyone else is running into obscure errors - make sure your Marlin folder is not inside your Arduino folder. That seemed to be the problem here - moved the Marlin folder elsewhere and magic! It worked
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login