Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why are max endstops disabled for CoreXY in Marlin?

Posted by NathanaelXYZ 
Why are max endstops disabled for CoreXY in Marlin?
August 15, 2014 02:24PM
I was reading through the Marlin source to try and understand how it works (I'm currently tinkering with CoreXZ support), and came across the endstop handling code in stepper.cpp. Even though MAX_ENDSTOPS are force-disabled for CoreXY, it seems like it would be trivial to enable them with an additional "if else" statement--almost too trivial. Is there any reason why this has not been done before?

I'd post code snippets, but the code formatting doesn't seem to be working properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 02:25PM by NathanaelXYZ.
Re: Why are max endstops disabled for CoreXY in Marlin?
November 26, 2015 10:36PM
Hi there, did you get or find an answer to this please? I am running into similar issues...!
November 27, 2015 07:03AM
Because there are not supported on the old release. Take the newer RC instead.
Or commit it and free your endstop after each homing.
Like:
G28 X
G1 X100; free the endstop
G28 Y
G1 Y100; free the endstop
G28 Z; or do what you want.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
November 28, 2015 01:27AM
[ Even though MAX_ENDSTOPS are force-disabled for CoreXY ] ???

I am using Marlin firmware for a CoreXY machine using 7 endstops:

X axis - 1 x Min and 1 x Max endstops
Y axis -1 x Min and 1 x Max endstops
Z axis - 2 x Min and 1 x Max endstops (using 2 stepper motors for z axis, I have the Marlin auto syncing the 2 stepper motors when homing to Min position (Using two Min endstops ,e.g. Z1 Min & Z2 Min ).

Only issue I have is there a set time frame for homing and syncing the Z axis regardless of the position of the Z axis platform/bed. Not a big major but still would be good not to have it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login