Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Min and Max endstops in software

Posted by sodonnell 
Min and Max endstops in software
August 11, 2014 09:33PM
Hey guys,

I have a Sanguinololu board but I really want to have a max and min endstop on each axis. The only issue, as you probably all know, is this board only has inputs for one on each axis. I was curious if anyone has tried or can point me in the right direction to writing a bit of code to make this work. I do have some knowledge of Arduino coding but I am trying to figure out where to start.

My very basic idea is:
While (The motor is moving in the + direction)
If (end stop is engaged)
reverse direction __mm
else
continue in + direction

While (The motor is moving in the - direction)
If (end stop is engaged)
reverse direction __mm
else
continue in - direction

Thanks
Re: Min and Max endstops in software
August 12, 2014 05:41AM
Teacup firmware supports 6 endstops without any modifications. Just connect these endstops to spare pins and define these pins in config.h.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 12, 2014 09:10AM
Thanks Traumflug,

How does this firmware's funtionality compare to marlin? From my brief view it seems to be a bit simplier but have you have ever used it?
August 13, 2014 09:02AM
sodonnell
From my brief view it seems to be a bit simplier but have you have ever used it?

Of course I have used it. I'm it's maintainer and janitor smiling smiley

It's right, Teacup is simpler. No huge pile of redundant and obsolete features, still everything one needs for printing is there. A result of this is, it's very fast if you allow higher feedrates in config.h and also matches movement physics as close as possible (no compromises).

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 13, 2014 02:44PM
Well that sounds like a great option. Does it have support for LCD and auto leveling implementation?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login