Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updated firmware, squeeeee noise

Posted by UkIan 
Updated firmware, squeeeee noise
August 10, 2014 06:51AM
Hi,

I've just updated my firmware to the firmware found on the this page -> here.

I have an LCD board attached which has the piezzo speaker. When I power up now the speaker makes a high pitched whine. It's attenuated (?) to the load on the power supply I think, so it becomes louder or quieter depending on whether I'm moving the motors. It becomes very loud when I power on the PSU (I had the PSU off, with power going in via USB for programming), and is quiet and sometimes off when connected only via USB.

Any ideas? It didn't happen with the old firmware, but that came preloaded and I have no idea what settings were included.

Thank you
Ian
Re: Updated firmware, squeeeee noise
August 10, 2014 07:01AM
Extra info which is probably useful:

I have this martAdapter.JPG" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">LCD.

I've just uploaded the v1 release from GitHub which doesn't beep when configured with the discount lcd, but as everything else is (almost) default, there's more work to do to configure it. Any advice at this juncture would be great.

Cheers
Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2014 07:20AM by UkIan.
August 10, 2014 11:49AM
I have no knowledge of that Web site, but why not get the firmware from the official location.
August 17, 2014 09:03AM
Hi there, thanks, yes I've been using the official version without problem. The firmware I had issues to is linked from the RAMPS page on the reprap wiki, so I assumed it was ok.
August 18, 2014 07:02AM
UkIan
The firmware I had issues to is linked from the RAMPS page on the reprap wiki, so I assumed it was ok.

Let me guess: you won't fix this either and the next person will run into the same trap as you. Welcome to the RepRap community :-)

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

September 09, 2014 03:16PM
Traumflug
UkIan
The firmware I had issues to is linked from the RAMPS page on the reprap wiki, so I assumed it was ok.

Let me guess: you won't fix this either and the next person will run into the same trap as you. Welcome to the RepRap community :-)

I'm here for the glory and the cakes mr Flug and I aint seeing a lot of cakes around here winking smiley

I think I'm going to have to start taking a more active interest in the firmware side of things. I'm not sure how or when just yet, or even which firmware. I want a lot of extruders, so I might attach myself to which ever firmware is most likely to make that happen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login