Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware control question.

Posted by jaguarking11 
Firmware control question.
August 01, 2014 01:23PM
Hello;

I am using a ramps 1.4/mega combo for my delta printer. I plan on building a heated chamber for the printer now that its working fairly well.

However I would like one feature to add to the printer in an automated fashion. I would like to add automatic heat evacuation of the chamber.

The plan is simple, get two pins that switch on a 3 pole relay when the print is done.

The flow would be something like this. The relay defaults two pins when no power is applied, that in turn feeds my pid controller which controls the heat of the chamber. The printer then prints its project and once done switches the pole on the relay to turn on a sucker fan mounted on the top and turn off the pid controller, this would rapidly evacuate the chamber.

Now I do know that pins D9 are easily available and the mosfet could be used to drive the relay, I am sure I can embed some code in the gcode to turn on the mosfet once the print is done. However I would like to use other outputs. Is it possible to use two of the servo pins? I can even daisy chain relays if the output current is not enough to trigger the relay.

Any help in this direction would be awesome. I am using marlin direct, not branched firmware.

Thank you for your time guys.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login