Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with difference between Marlin and Repetier

Posted by tkole 
Help with difference between Marlin and Repetier
July 26, 2014 08:17AM
I have a CNC mill that I was running on RAMPS 1.4/Marlin for about a year with very good success. I ended up making a new 3d printer and stole the electronics from the CNC for it and purchased new pibot electronics for the CNC because I liked the driver rating that came with them. Pibot was made for repetier firmware so I transferred all of my Marlin config settings over and got things running pretty quickly. For my setup, the z axis homes to max and when I start a machine op, I set the surface of the stock to 0. The problem I am having is that sometimes the z axis will reset the 0 during a machine op and results in progressive deepening of the cut. I checked the endstop and everything is OK, so I decided to add the pins for the pibot board to the pins.h of my old marlin config and see what would happen. It worked immediately and the problem was gone, so there is some setting in Repetier that I am missing. I'm not sure if it is a step signal that is off or what but I want to be able to use Repetier if possible because it already has all of the code for the pibot remote controller built in and I would like to avoid porting that over to Marlin if possible. Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 11:53AM by tkole.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login