Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 3D Printer Total Use Timer

Posted by LVNeptune 
Marlin 3D Printer Total Use Timer
July 22, 2014 04:53PM
This may or may not have been done before. I was told someone at some point might have coded a "Total Use" timer that incremented the EEPROM after every print or when the heater was shut off and possibly had an extra option on the LCD to display that as well.

I was wondering if anyone knew of one already I can look into using. It would be neat to have the ability to see the total run time of the unit for informational purposes. I realize there's external ways to record this but I would like it integrated, especially accessible within the LCD would be very cool! Thanks.
Re: Marlin 3D Printer Total Use Timer
July 25, 2014 04:12PM
Id go the easy route and install one of these: Hour Meter
It would track "on" time for the printer.
July 25, 2014 05:00PM
I suppose that would work for now. Really would like it firmware integrated though sad smiley A few people I have talked to love the idea as well. I guess I could tie this into the E0 Heater and when that turns on it would activate this but it definitely would not be accurate since the heater turns on and off to keep the heat. I keep the printer on almost all the time.
August 08, 2014 01:15PM
Tthese are rated for ac as well as DC so they do have some smoothing. I ordered a small hour meter from china... ~7bux, will be connecting it to the 12v psu and calling it a day. I want to know the operating total time, no matter if idle or working. I ordered a 6 segment unit with a 1 segment giving 10ths, That is good enough to measure close to 12 years of continuous use.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login