Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Switching D8 and D9 in Repetier firmware

Posted by LesSV 
Switching D8 and D9 in Repetier firmware
June 14, 2014 07:23AM
Hello guys, can you tell me how I can switch the D8 and the D9 port on the RAMPS 1.4 in the Repetier Firmware? I am not into all that software stuff and need some advice here since my standard D8 port for the heated bed is broken and I can't control it properly.
Re: Switching D8 and D9 in Repetier firmware
June 14, 2014 12:36PM
look in the repetier code for a file called pins.h

then look for a ramp compatible configuration usually board 33 or 34. do a search for '= 33' and it will scroll you to the part on the page where motherboard pins are defined. from there sort out the else/for logic and change pins in appropriate place.

if you are not sure you can experiment by changing one setting of those pins in the motherboard= 33 area of code. just disconnect those pin leads, and rely on the leds that light up indicating they are on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2014 12:37PM by jamesdanielv.
Re: Switching D8 and D9 in Repetier firmware
June 14, 2014 05:59PM
The D8 port on the RAMPS board is powered through the 11A fuse. The other two heater ports are powered by the 5A fuse. Since your bed heater probably requires at least 10A you can't use any other port besides D8 without re-wiring the RAMPS board to power the other mosfets from the 11A fuse.

Now having said that, the schematic shows that the MOSfets actually switch the COLD end of the power. What this means is that if you connect the POSITIVE end of the heated bed to the PLUS output of D8, and connect the NEGATIVE side of the heated bed to the MINUS output of D9 or D10 you then could do what you want. You have to recode the pins.h as mentioned before so that the bed heater function is switched to D9 or D10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login