Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multi Uploading errors

Posted by TriAxis170 
Multi Uploading errors
April 27, 2014 08:25AM
Hi All,

I am getting the following errors while trying to upload the Marlin 1.03 firmware:

Binary sketch size: 87754 bytes (of a 131072 byte maximum)

avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x64
avrdude: failed to write flash memory, rc=-4
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I can get past the first error by holding the reset button until the Binary Sketch" words appear but cant get past the other two.

Board is an Azteeg X1
Firmware: Marlin 1.03
Loader: Arduino 0023
Repetier-Host V0.95F

Printer: Cerberus Pup 170
USB: I know the cable connection from the laptop to the X1 was good as I had just printed a part through the laptop
Makergear hotend
Hotbed
Xbox 360 (203 watt) PS - directly wired to the board (no end connector)

I have checked to see the board is correct in arduino (Azteeg X1 V1.5 w/AT mega AT1284p 16Mhz)
Port is Comm 4

History in case it helps....

The "pup" was printing parts but I was having a "Brown out" error at times which became more and more until it stopped working all together. I disconnected all the wires and found a bare wire. I fixed the wire, hooked everything back up and it worked great for a day or two when the "brown out" began happening again. Most times I was able to get past it by shutting down the pup and starting up again. The Brown out would happen within a few seconds of me turning on the hotbed in manual mode. If I was able to "heat up" the bed then it would print for hours with no issues. If I didnt use the hotbed at all (blue tape) then the brown out "could" occur during the print... usually around the second layer.

It was suggested that I try changing from "pid to bang-bang" in the firmware and see if that works. As I was going through the Configuration.H file I noticed that the hotend was specifying my old J Hotend so I commented the 3 lines below the J hotend and un-commented the 3 below the makergear one. I saved, complied (no problems) and tried to upload that is when I got the errors listed above. Put the file back where it was (Jhotend), did the save, compile and still had the same problem. I even tried to upload the original Marlin 1.03 file with no luck....

So now I can not do anything at all until I can get the firmware loaded again....

Frustrating!
Re: Multi Uploading errors
April 28, 2014 05:48AM
TriAxis170
The "pup" was printing parts but I was having a "Brown out" error at times [...]

This means you have a nasty power supply problem and no kind of firmware modification will help you to fix this. You have to make sure voltage supply of the ATmega is above 4.3 volts at all times.

Regarding firmware upload: find out wether there's a bootloader at all and which baud rate it runs with. Can be found by reading documentation or by trying.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login