Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first mismatch at byte 0x5300

Posted by mrkaras 
first mismatch at byte 0x5300
April 23, 2014 07:10AM
I'm trying to upload my firmware but I keep getting first mismatch at byte 0x5300 for most firmwares.
I am using a techzone monotronic board and can't gen much to upload correctly. before I updated the firmware I did a read of the current firmware, trying to upload that shows this error. I downloaded the firmware from the wiki, the precompiled version uploads OK but if I compile it (compiling has no errors) when I upload I get this error. the wiki firmware has the steps/mm all wrong and I can't fix it as anything I compile cannot be uploaded, I can't even upload my backed up original. I were also considering trying the sprinter firmware as noted on the wiki, but it is the same issue.
I am trying to upload with this command line: "avrdude -c stk500v1 -b 38400 -i 10 -p m644 -P COM3 -F -U flash:w:.\build9153871039735707987.tmp\Sprinter.cpp.hex" (with the hex file and path set to what ever firmware I am using)

Yes, I should change to some different electronics but I would rather get these ones working before I try for some upgrades.
Re: first mismatch at byte 0x5300
April 24, 2014 05:38AM
Always exactly 0x5300? That's odd. Do smaller firmwares (you can take the examples coming with Arduino) work?

Occasional failures aren't surprising, the solution is to simply try again. And the upload process doesn't care which bytes are sent, so it shouldn't matter what you upload.

One possible solution would be to replace the bootloader. Requires a parallel port or a programming device. Look up how Arduino folks are doing it. Bootloaders coming with Gen7 Arduino IDE Support should work: [reprap.org]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: first mismatch at byte 0x5300
April 24, 2014 07:46AM
seems to be 0x5300, sometimes I get 0x530a but I suspect it is just 0x5300 and the next few happen to match, yes I thought it was a bit odd. trying again makes no difference. I tried the bare minimum example and it was fine (no errors). I were hoping to avoid replacing the boot loader (incase I really kill it) but its looking like I might have to. I do have access to an avr programmer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login