Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup Homing on Teensy 2.0

Posted by peter6960 
Teacup Homing on Teensy 2.0
April 20, 2014 06:45AM
Hi

I installed Teacup from master branch onto a Teensy 2.0 with the included example config, only modified as per below:

I changed my steps_per_m and checked it is correct. Did not have to do any axis inversion as this is a new bot I am building, so I wired the motors correct way round (X- moves left, X+ right, Y- toward me, Y+ toward rear, Z- moves bed upward toward nozzle, Z+ moves it away from nozzle) - confirmed positioning directions with M114 already

It's a homemade bot with a moving gantry in the top, cantilevered Z: (Pic [www.facebook.com]). Picture above is of it running yesterday with another controller running Repetier - installed the Teensy 2.0 based controller this morning (pic: [www.facebook.com])

I have mechanical MIN endstops installed:

In config.h I have /#define X_INVERT_MIN, #define Y_INVERT_MIN and #define Z_INVERT_MIN - and using M119 confirms endstops OPEN until carriages hits an endstop on its respective carriage whereafter it reports Triggered:

For instance:

Moving X axis out of and then back into endstop manually: (y and z stayed in manually homed position below)

SENDING:M119
ok x_min : open y_min:triggered z_min:triggered
SENDING:M119
ok x_min:triggered y_min:triggered z_min:triggered

When I home either axis (same with G161 X and G28 X):

-Carriage moves from current direction anywhere on the axis, toward the endstop switch at what appears to my max feedrate
-Carriage hits the endstop (confirmed by hearing the switch click and the onboard indicator light on my board also indicates the signal pin is grounded by lighting the LED. (NB grounded, thus the need for X/Y/ZZ_INVERT_MINs above)
-I can hear the frequency of the motor change a slighly lower and it runs for probably half a second longer, into the endstop (instead of backing off as I expect it to) Then stops for half a second, then runs into MIN direction (into endstop despite already triggered) for half a second (again) stops for half a second (again) repeating over and over until I reset. After reset (without any moves issued) M114 confirm the endstop as triggered

Any ideas why?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login