Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin firmware unable to drive my motors.

Posted by jpan 
Marlin firmware unable to drive my motors.
April 04, 2014 09:22PM
I recently installed dual extruders on my Mendel. Therefore I'd have to switch from old Sprinter to Marlin or some other firmwares. I downloaded marlin from reprap wiki. Then after some configuration I uploaded it. Now here's what happened: I am able to home all the axis, but I'm not able to move them in any way else. By which I mean if I press home for any axis, It will move nicely. But If I ask it to move let's say 10mm to the right it would move. The motors are locked when they are supposed to. I thought there might be some hardware issues so I switched back to single-extruder Sprinter firmware. It ran all right. And after some setting the temperature of E1 that was right when I just switch to marlin stays at 0 now.

So I figure that it must be some firmware issue.
I have checked:
invert of motors/ end stops
baud rates
motherborad setting
thermistor setting
steps per mm

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2014 09:24PM by jpan.
Re: Marlin firmware unable to drive my motors.
April 05, 2014 08:34AM
Did you check M119 to see if your endstops are reading correctly in your new firmware?????
April 05, 2014 11:00AM
Yes I did.
My problem is pretty much like problems in these three posts. But they didn't have any real solution:
[forums.reprap.org]
[forums.reprap.org]
[forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 11:00AM by jpan.
April 05, 2014 01:25PM
Now the problem has changed. I plugged the thermistor for the second extruder in to the pins for the heat bed before. Still my z-motors are abnormal. In the same speed I usually use with Sprinter firmware, the z-axis motors seemed to stuck somehow. They have sort of beep noise when they run more than 1mm a time. Why would that happen?

BTW, ramps1.4+ arduino combination is my electronics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2014 04:08PM by jpan.
April 07, 2014 08:29AM
Maybe something to do with acceleration settings ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login