Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin FW - Printing offset by 10mm on X&Y - Autobed Leveling Used

Posted by TAZ427 
Marlin FW - Printing offset by 10mm on X&Y - Autobed Leveling Used
April 02, 2014 12:18PM
I've got a MakerFarm Prusa i3 w/ Marlin FW on RAMPS board.

I updated the FW to the latest w/ Autobed Leveling and the bed leveling is working fine, but I'm now having problems with large prints (specifically trying to do one that is 204mm w/ Brim on the Y axis.)

I used Cura and have set the Machine dimensions to (195, 205, 185) - Note that the 195 is because the servo motor hits the X motor bracket at about 198mm mark. Note: I updated the Marlin FW w/ these machine dimensions as well.

Cura outputs code whose Y travel goes from -1.41 to 202.28 and X travel from 15.35 to 175.55 - These are the tip points on the brim for the print. Printing it started at about 8mm on the Y-axis (measured) and there was enough belt give not to cause a motor jump and go a little beyond the end of the platform when it physically deadended. And the X axis started at about 25mm instead of 15.35.

I never measured these before this point as the items were sufficiently centered and I didn't have an issue.

Note I checked the Endstops (they are on the 0,0 for X,Y) and the head lines up right on the edge of the heatbed glass on both X and Y.
Re: Marlin FW - Printing offset by 10mm on X&Y - Autobed Leveling Used
April 02, 2014 01:34PM
Are you calibrated correctly? Send some manual movement commands to the printer and measure the amount of movement you actually get. If your 0,0 is accurate, but the print head goes beyond the bed's edge, maybe your steps/mm are wrong.
Re: Marlin FW - Printing offset by 10mm on X&Y - Autobed Leveling Used
April 02, 2014 01:50PM
Yes, I'm well calibrated. I did print out the object that I mentioned, and all the dimensions are accurate to within 0.1mm on an object (usually +/- 0.04mm.) I've also printed out plenty of calibration items, measuring inside, outside, veritical distances, etc. And I've also printed various things requiring exact dimensions for correct fitment (i.e. replacement components for printer, plastic wrenches, etc.)

Here's the object, it's the base of a Quadcopter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 01:55PM by TAZ427.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login