Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Will not run Gcode

Posted by Velocity 
Marlin Will not run Gcode
April 02, 2014 08:33AM
I asked before so sorry for repeating the question. For some reason I have been able to get the marlin software
loaded into in to the arduino got the Ramp configured with the LCD screen/ SD card reader. Modified the marlin software for my
larger format delta printer. The problem seems to be that the system will not execute the G1 moves.
The system will home using the G28 and will execute the M0 but that is about it while using the SD card reader. I have tried many different
Gcode commands and the system simply will not execute them simple, skips them . I can move the machine around with the LCD
screen and rotary button so I know that the machine does not have a problem mechanicaly . If any one has any Ideas in what
I am missing please let me know I am Very frustrated!!!!

PS I do not have the heated platen or the extruder hooked up yet. But I have seen people run the machine with out them
on Youtube.
Attachments:
open | download - Photo04020715_1.jpg (375.1 KB)
Re: Marlin Will not run Gcode
April 02, 2014 08:47AM
Marlin has some protections for not breaking you extruder, based on the current hotend temperature readings, which you might have triggered by not having a thermistor plugged in ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
April 02, 2014 10:45AM
Yes, Marlin has one item that must be met before it will function. The min temp setting will prevent any movement of the printer. So, you must have the thermister or thermocouple working or it will not operate. It is a shut down error condition of Marlin. It is possible to add a resistor to the pins to fake it if you do not have a thermister.

- Paul
April 04, 2014 09:38AM
Thanks for the help
Can the settings in marlin be set so that no resister is required?
Any idea on what size resister?

Ron
April 07, 2014 08:40AM
Moved to firmware folder since this turned into a marlin settings question.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
April 08, 2014 01:59AM
Yes it is possible to modify the Marlin code so you will not need the resistor however, it is no simple task. It is much easier to just add a resistor rather than making a bunch of changes you will just need to undo later once your printer is ready.
If you really need the changes I will look into it and provide them for you.

- Paul
April 10, 2014 06:26PM
Thanks but got it working with the thermosister .
I seems it would be nice if there was a way to turn this option off so if you wanted to use the system
as a cnc router for example you would not need to set it with a resistor.
April 11, 2014 05:05AM
Teacup firmware works just fine without a temperature measuring device.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login